Chautaqua/Republic info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Binger

Searched this airline in the forum and the info is kinda old. Discussion of the Shuttle/Republic debate aside. I am hoping to hear from some pilots currently working for this company. Is it still a good place to apply to? Is now a good time to get in with projected future growth? If hired what would be expected as far as aircraft and basing? Aside from the typical things that make airline life a tough gig sometimes...would you say you are happy with the company. Thanks for any info or help.

I've been here two years and I still love it. I'm based at home. That's a major plus. If I had to commute, it would be a differant story.

If you do come here soon don't expect a quick upgrade. Expect to be a line holding FO relativly soon though. I have yet to fly with a person I didn't get along with. Things have been a little rough lately with the shuttle integration and it wont be any prettier with the MDA intergration.

If you have prior 121/135 or turbine time and atp mis expect the 170 anything less expect the 145

It's usually the wholly owned pencil necked geeks that dog us here. They just be playa hatin' though.

I commute and still love it. Don't count on a MDA integration (no carrier i.e. no certificate to integrate) we have a J4J that is in place.

I meant to ask: I see that the company hires into a pool.....do they assign class from the pool in the order placed there or take the best qualified candidates from the pool and keep the rest as warm bodies in the bullpen.

This outa give you an idea: interviewed in june, got a class in the 145 sep 10th for the 22nd, lost it on the 14th. Its great to see others pass me by in seniority. I do understand, however, me being 20 hours short of 500 x/c is very important, good Lord forbid I wont be able to find an airport thats more than 50 miles away. Not bitter at all, just a little concerned, thats all.

me being 20 hours short of 500 x/c is very important

What did you do...quit flying after you got the calss date? Get the 20 hours and call Rosa about a 170 class.

With DO328 and CE560 in your profile how do you not have 500 hours of xcountry?

Mike Oxlong said:
What did you do...quit flying after you got the calss date? Get the 20 hours and call Rosa about a 170 class.

With DO328 and CE560 in your profile how do you not have 500 hours of xcountry?

Its a sad and long story, thats what being a check airman as an instructor gets you, a butt load of local flight time.

I was a 141 checkairman too...take the students on a simulated x country to a point in space 50 miles away!

Oh, by the way, I did quit flying after getting the class. The first born was due about the time a certain airline out of MKE desided to send me for training in a less exciting airplane (1900). Serves me right!

Mike Oxlong said:
I commute and still love it. Don't count on a MDA integration (no carrier i.e. no certificate to integrate) we have a J4J that is in place.
Wishful thinking. If i were a betting man, and I am. I would say you are a 4 to 1 underdog to win the arbitration. Expect a seniority integration and some pretty pissed off pilots to fly with.

Latest resources

Back