Chautaqua/Republic info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pocket aces said:
The IBT had every opportunity to give a fair integration to the MDA pilots. Your selfish group offered us this.....

- 50% of the current position staffed at MDA
- A Staple of all pilots
- PayCut of about $5/hr for all positions
- Sign a 2 year enforcable 15,000 training contract......... for pilots that have more time in the 170 than any one in the world (exactly whos training who)
- Shared hotel rooms for those in training.

If you want to call that a welcome I dont want you on my jumpseat either! you are getting 28 additional aircraft, with additional growth in your company. And the the 250 pilots will gladly return to mainline when thier number is called (probably within 2 years). you all can take that offer and shove it up your collective cans.....its ALL or NONE!!!!!!!

You're right - those terms suck . . . I wonder what kind of seniority they'd have in an Unemployment line.

pocket aces said:
USAirways has called every MDA pilot to offer them a position at repugnet

If you're going to resort to third-grade behavior and call names (man, WHAT could be wittier than taking a company name and turning it into a slur!!), try learning how to SPELL that word.

pocket aces said:
The IBT had every opportunity to give a fair integration to the MDA pilots. Your selfish group offered us this.....

- A Staple of all pilots
- Sign a 2 year enforcable 15,000 training contract......... for pilots that have more time in the 170 than any one in the world (exactly whos training who)

If you want to call that a welcome I dont want you on my jumpseat either!

A lot of us feel your pain. Over the last 9 months I've become good friends with quite a few of the J4Jers here at CHQ, and a few at MDA. I have a tremendous respect for many of them, as most of us do.

The fact of the matter is, most of them don't agree with the way some in your group are acting towards ours. You were a division of Airways, not a certificated carrier. Instead of parking airplanes forcing u onto the street, this time they sold them. Don't take it out on this pilot group.

By the way, I don't remember Brian Bedford calling me up and asking me, or any other CHQ pilot about the MDA situation.

Denying the jumpseat to any of us is just completely uncalled for. Especially from the many veterans of this industry that make up MDA. I'm glad to know that a lot of your group does not harbour the attitudes displayed here.

T-Hawk

Are they still hiring for the 170? If so what do I have to do inorder for Rosa to call me, short of non-reving out there..?? Is there something to do that helps people get noticed?

pocket aces said:

- A Staple of all pilots

If you want to call that a welcome I dont want you on my jumpseat either! you are getting 28 additional aircraft, with additional growth in your company. And the the 250 pilots will gladly return to mainline when thier number is called (probably within 2 years). you all can take that offer and shove it up your collective cans.....its ALL or NONE!!!!!!!

If I were you I'd be planning on "NONE." We all feel for your situation but asking another pilot to give up a single seniority number is a bit over the top. No pilot that I know of would just willingly do it without it being ordered from arbitration. I wonder what you would prefer if the shoe were on the other foot.

You just seem to think you're somehow special. If you get offered a position at another company, you are subject to the terms the company offers. The training contract and shared hotel rooms I believe are standard for new hires at CHQ. Why in the world would you presume to be above this ??? If you don't like it, take your high road to the unemployment office... You seem to want to be able to just transfer on over to Republic and operate under your current contract. It doesn't work that way pal...:rolleyes: Lots of luck to you, you're going to need it.

Last edited:
pocket aces said:

- A Staple of all pilots

Your employer, US AIRWAYS, SOLD YOU GUYS OUT! US Air wanted to get rid of the 170 leases and the pilots. From what I read from the lawsuit, US Air lied to your pilot group regarding the operating certificate (i.e. never existed). Republic offers you a job and you file a lawsuit against them as well? This feud is between US Air and MDA...keep Republic out of it!!!!

Last edited:
h25b said:
You seem to want to be able to just transfer on over to Republic and operate under your current contract. It doesn't work that way pal...:rolleyes: Lots of luck to you, you're going to need it.

Yes, that is exactly what we believe the contract says pal. the arbitator will have the final say. Maybe we will lose and you can gloat and be happy knowing your company helped put another 1000 people out of work. I sure hope the senior at Riddle enjoys his quick upgrade time. In the meantime the pilots at the division are standing tall and trying to enforce our contract to stop the outsourcing that is destroying the piloting profession. and if we lose good luck to us all as we will all need it. Dont believe me look at CMR, and NW for the latest examples.

ALL or NONE!!!

When are Shitpublic guys going to realize that it is exactly what their company is doing that is destroying a once proud profession.

IF the MDA pilots win the arbitration they will be mergered at REP/CHQ/S5 on the Pilot seniority list (per the Allegheny/Mohawk)... plus they MUST give up any recall rights at U. They will also be required to become members of the IBT747. ALPA will be a thing of the past for these pilots. Its not gonna be a j4j type thing where you keep any recall... You will be working for a new certificate as just another pilot.

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!

Latest resources

Back