• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chautaqua/Republic info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shootpublic? That seems to be a bit of a reach for an "insult" but whatever. I'm astonished to hear that my company is making aviation history and single-handedly "destroying a once proud profession." Of course let's not blame ALPA, who allowed the RJ's and E-jets to be flown at the regional level initially (Thanks for that by the way. Now I get to sit at the regionals for probably a really long time, wheeeeee!). Don't blame US Airways, who furloughed many, cut pensions, rewrote your contract, slashed your pay, and now is selling your airplanes to RAH.
Yeah, we're the problem.

FR8mastr said:
Yes, that is exactly what we believe the contract says pal. the arbitator will have the final say. Maybe we will lose and you can gloat and be happy knowing your company helped put another 1000 people out of work. I sure hope the senior at Riddle enjoys his quick upgrade time. In the meantime the pilots at the division are standing tall and trying to enforce our contract to stop the outsourcing that is destroying the piloting profession. and if we lose good luck to us all as we will all need it. Dont believe me look at CMR, and NW for the latest examples.

ALL or NONE!!!

Bla, bla, bla... You guys have always been one battle behind the times, check out what OldManPilot is talking about... Either way the arbitrator comes out, you're hosed...

How Republic has become your enemy is anyone's guess. You have no one to thank other than ALPA for your mess. By the way, thanks for scoping out jets to the regionals.. That was a good call. Of course though, your type loves to forget about that sly move. Again, one battle behind the times...

Last edited:
Corbon said:
Don't blame US Airways, who furloughed many, cut pensions, rewrote your contract, slashed your pay, and now is selling your airplanes to RAH.
Yeah, we're the problem.

Seems like just the most recent example of pointing fingers at the wrong people...

ExpressJet people have pointed fingers at CommutAir and Colgan for "stealing their flying", not Continental, who farmed out the flying.

ComAir and (formerly) ASA have pointed fingers at Chautauqua, TSA and Mesa for "stealing their flying", not Delta, who farmed out the flying.

American Eagle has pointed fingers at TSA and CHQ for "stealing their flying", not at American Airlines, who farmed out the flying.

In a bit of a stretch, Air Wis and (formerly) ACA had pointed fingers at Mesa, TSA, Shuttle America, CHQ and others for "stealing their flying", when they were themselves contractors for United Airlines, who farmed out the flying.

PDT, ALG, PSA and (soon to be formerly) MDA have pointed fingers at CommutAir, Colgan, Mesa, Shuttle America, TSA, Air Midwest (among many more) for "stealing their flying", not USAirways, who farmed out the flying.

Here's what I see of fr8master and Pocket Ace's argument: It's not ALPA's myopic view of the small jets, the decades of mismanagement at USAirways is not the problem, nor is their emerging from bankruptcy before they were truly ready, nor is the competition on the east coast that has battered them half to death, nor is it the economy, nor is it the price of fuel, nor is it a generally mediocre product from a passenger standpoint when on mainline aircraft... it's Chautauqua's fault. Republic should take ALL the pilots when they aren't even buying a company, just airplanes, and somehow give them BETTER terms than the CURRENT pilots at the company... And if they don't, then it's REPUBLIC'S fault for "putting 1000 people out of work". Now THAT is just plain weird...

Go ahead... go to an arbitrator. Ask the guys and gals at Shuttle America's prop side how that worked out...

I really wish some of you guys would actually read whats going on here rather than read some snippet from a board member and then decide the whole thing without any further thought

OLD Man pilot You sir are wrong, if the division pilots win all they keep ALPA as the bargaining agent and recall. I know "you heard" but you are mis informed. If we partially lose in some kind of comprimise you might be correct but only the Arbitrator can make that call.

IP have you not noticed the Billion dollar lawsuit against all the parties in which you claim we dont blame? I guess not.

and yes IP we will ask the arbitator, what do you expect us to do, just keep bending over and taking it?

FR8mastr said:
IP have you not noticed the Billion dollar lawsuit against all the parties in which you claim we dont blame? I guess not.

You can sue anyone for anything. I think I might sue you for being such an idiot.

FR8mastr said:

and yes IP we will ask the arbitator, what do you expect us to do, just keep bending over and taking it?
Nope, I don't know anything about your billion dollar lawsuit. Please enlighten me.

And my point about the arbitration is that you may end up in the same lovely situation as the SA people. Probably worse.

FR8mastr said:
I really wish some of you guys would actually read whats going on here rather than read some snippet from a board member and then decide the whole thing without any further thought

OLD Man pilot You sir are wrong, if the division pilots win all they keep ALPA as the bargaining agent and recall. I know "you heard" but you are mis informed. If we partially lose in some kind of comprimise you might be correct but only the Arbitrator can make that call.

This is comical, these guys have no clue what is going on.

Chautauqua QOL/QOT

h25b said:
The training contract and shared hotel rooms I believe are standard for new hires at CHQ.

Pretty pathetic contract guys.

Shared hotel rooms?!? What is this, summer camp?

How cheap can you get?

Or do they just want the new crewmembers to get well aquainted.

They must really want you to study together.

I guess IBT doesn't do too well in contract negotiations.

Even Mesa provides single occupancy rooms.

Do they continue this practice on the line?

And a training contract for qualified 121 pilots!

They must really be worried about people leaving. Maybe there is a reason for that. I used to think Chautauqua was a decent place to work. Now I wonder. This doesn't speak well for them.

Latest resources

Back