Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger & Global Order. New planes for who?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Inigo Montoya

From a bombardier press release:

http://www.bombardier.com/en/corpor...press-releases/details?docID=0901260d80158f0a

"January 27, 2011 — Montréal
Aerospace
Bombardier Aerospace today announced it has received firm orders from an undisclosed customer for two Challenger and six Global jets. The transaction is valued at approximately $383 million US based on the 2010 list price for typically equipped aircraft."

So, the question is, who are these planes for? Got to be a fractional right? A fractional with a lot of money laying around for down payments right?

I'm guessing not Flexjet, which is a shame, and also a bit scary.

When are people going to stop believing press releases from any manufacturer or fractional company? Over the past 5 years, if you had believed the press release, the manufacturers would be booked up thru 2030...NetJets would have 5,000 a/c and XOJet would have at least 100 airplanes, rather than less than 25. Nobody keeps track of the cancellations.

They have mindless gnomes in PR and they have to justify their miserable existences anytime there seems to be a lull in the chatter about them. Anybody can make this stuff up and not worry about it because we won't remember it.

This crap is just that...it means nothing. They should only make these type of announcement when they delivery the a/c.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain it's not XOJET. My guess is maybe Vista or possibly Qatar. Could be any number of other foreign operators though. In any case, it's a good sign for all of us.

Latest resources

Back