Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger 350 officially announced for Netjets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just visited Gulfstream this week. They had a G280 fly nonstop with two pax, Luton to Chicago!

G280 is coming out with auto throttles, STANDARD.

350 may be some people's dream, but the 280 is a totally new beast that's going to make the bombardier folks green with envy.

That might be but Gulfstream didn't give Sokol the deal he wanted, Gulfstream felt they're gonna be all right without pain in the ars Netjets

He went to Montreal and asked for the moon... Bombardier probably said " he'll yeah, whatever you want, just buy a $h*t load of airplanes"

Also, the CL350 might not be able to do Luton-Chicago, but the CL605 can do that with ease

That might be but Gulfstream didn't give Sokol the deal he wanted, Gulfstream felt they're gonna be all right without pain in the ars Netjets

Correct. Gulfstream was asked by NJ to submit an RFP for a G280 program and Savannah said "No, thank you." Direct quote from the guy who knows.

He went to Montreal and asked for the moon... Bombardier probably said " he'll yeah, whatever you want, just buy a $h*t load of airplanes"

Also correct as I understand it.

Also, the CL350 might not be able to do Luton-Chicago, but the CL605 can do that with ease

With ease? Ah, noooooo. With nobody in back, nice cool temps over the pond and no wind, maybe.

The 280 is a Gulfstream and performs like it. Very impressive airplane. Its Galaxy progenitor (AKA G200), not so much.

I flew the 300 30nm less than the Luton-Chicago leg (7+30) and landed with enough fuel to fly another hour plus! So the 350 should be able to fly that leg at long range cruise with ease providing the headwinds aren't ridiculous.

Maybe the reliability of the G200s that are already on property had something to do with the choice of 350 over the 280 on top of the price. While the capabilities of the 280 appear very nice, the previous version (the 200) most definitely didn't have the famous Gulfstream reliability while the 300 has quite the stellar reliability record. While I would personally prefer an airframe that breaks more so I can have some down time on the road, the company definitely takes this kind of thing into consideration when choosing the fleet now.

Maybe the reliability of the G200s that are already on property had something to do with the choice of 350 over the 280 on top of the price. While the capabilities of the 280 appear very nice, the previous version (the 200) most definitely didn't have the famous Gulfstream reliability while the 300 has quite the stellar reliability record. While I would personally prefer an airframe that breaks more so I can have some down time on the road, the company definitely takes this kind of thing into consideration when choosing the fleet now.

NJ didn't MAKE the decision of the CL350 over the G280. It was made FOR them. By Gulfstream. Savannah told Columbus "we don't want to be involved."

The 300 has been arguably the best civil jet Bombardier has ever built. I'm hopeful the 350 will be better. But it's too bad Gulfstream said "talk to the hand."

NJ didn't MAKE the decision of the CL350 over the G280. It was made FOR them. By Gulfstream. Savannah told Columbus "we don't want to be involved."

The 300 has been arguably the best civil jet Bombardier has ever built. I'm hopeful the 350 will be better. But it's too bad Gulfstream said "talk to the hand."

Agree

I think Gulfstream feels they don't need Netjets anymore

and I think Netjets feels manufacturers should give us a kick a$$ deal every single time cause we're the "800lb gorilla" and because we buy lots of airplanes we get to determine the price.

I think it was a mutual decision to part ways

Agree

I think Gulfstream feels they don't need Netjets anymore

and I think Netjets feels manufacturers should give us a kick a$$ deal every single time cause we're the "800lb gorilla" and because we buy lots of airplanes we get to determine the price.

I think it was a mutual decision to part ways

Only because Sokol decided to burn that bridge down. After he blew it up. And then pi$$ed on the smoldering embers. There are at least two guys I know of in the ivory tower that would LOVE to still be doing business with Savannah.

Spilt milk.

But keep in mind it was the Netjets orders in the mid-90's that literally kept Gulfstream from imposing massive layoffs and, quite possibly, filing for reorganization.

Only because Sokol decided to burn that bridge down. After he blew it up. And then pi$$ed on the smoldering embers. There are at least two guys I know of in the ivory tower that would LOVE to still be doing business with Savannah.

Sokol burned that bridge when Gulstream refused to negotiate the price for that G650 below $64 million each. We are offering the 5000 and 6000 for close to $10-$15 million less.

One very loyal Gulfstream owner actually took a $1 million loss of his deposit on the G650. He was going to leave the Netjets program, but one trip on the Global changed his mind, and the cancellation fee was far less than the amount he saved. Gulfstream used to be the only game in town for large cabin comfort. Their treatment of their largest customer may bite them in the arse.

Latest resources

Back