Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger 350 officially announced for Netjets...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Sounds like a great airplane. I am sorta surprised they stuck with the ProLine 21 for the CL350 given the advances with the ProLine Fusion... You will find the ProLine Fusion on the new and competing G280 and the Embraer 500. Why not upgrade the new CL350 and the CL605 to the ProLine Fusion and keep it in line with the current PL Fusion-equipped Global 6000 (common flight deck for all three types would be great)?

Still, it sounds like a nice upgrade from the CL300 which is already a great airplane.

See the AIN article below:

Bombardier Unveils Challenger 350 at EBACE
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bombardier Aerospace took the wraps off the Challenger 350?an upgraded Challenger 300 with a new wing, more powerful engines, larger windows and redesigned interior?today at EBACE. NetJets was also announced as the launch customer for the new $25.8 million twinjet, which is $1 million more than its fraternal twin that Bombardier will continue to offer. First deliveries of the new Challenger are scheduled to begin in May 2014. Notably, the Challenger 350 has a new wing with canted winglets that make the wingspan nearly nine feet wider (at 69 feet) than its predecessor. The longer and stronger wing allows both for an increased mtow of 40,600 pounds and more fuel capacity. With the extra fuel, the Challenger 350 has an NBAA IFR range of 3,200 nm versus 3,065 nm on the 300. The Challenger 350?s two Honeywell HTF7350 engines produce 7,323 pounds of thrust each, which is about 500 pounds more thrust than the HTF7000s on the Challenger 300. It also features an entirely new interior that lets even more natural light into the cabin thanks to its 20-percent larger windows. At the front end, the Challenger 350 sports the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 Advanced avionics system. Bombardier converted its original Challenger 300 prototype to the full Challenger 350 configuration and has been flying it with these upgrades since March.[/FONT]

See another similar article below:

http://corporatejetinvestor.com/articles/netjets-launch-partner-for-challenger350-113

A couple of things:

1- "more efficient wing, and increased thrust" but yet only an extra 100 nm range over the CL300?? what gives? I'm sure Netjets' management was more interested in performance, not range

2- MTOW- 40,600lbs. that's "large-cabin pay" at Netjets correct? I'm happy if it is for those that will be able to hold it, but I'm screwed, I'll never be able to hold that thing... I'm sure lots of senior guys will aim for it

Cl 350

An extra 500 nm in range would have made a big difference.

Too bad.

Don't see much here.

The new wing on the G280 is designed for both high speed and low speed flight. It has no slats.

I'm sure the new Challenger wing is similar.

Cool stuff

An extra 500 nm in range would have made a big difference.

Too bad.

Don't see much here.

Agreed. That's an expensive extra 140 miles in range. No increase in fuel capacity, ceiling or max speed. The G280 people are probably smiling right now...

What's a G280 selling for? That's probably the CL350s biggest advantage

I saw a Beechcraft ad for King Air 350s offering the ProLine Fusion option instead of the now standard ProLine 21. Why not offer the same for the CL300/350? It's surprising. Regardless, it will still be a cool airplane.

Check out the following link from my first post to see mock-up pictures of the CL350 and the Netjets Signature Series interior:

http://corporatejetinvestor.com/articles/netjets-launch-partner-for-challenger350-113

Looks very nice!

Last edited:
I saw a Beechcraft ad for King Air 350s offering the ProLine Fusion option instead of the now standard ProLine 21. Why not offer the same for the CL300/350? It's surprising. Regardless, it will still be a cool airplane.

Check out the following link from my first post to see mock-up pictures of the CL350 and the Netjets Signature Series interior:

Looks very nice!

As your Flexjet and XOJet counterparts will tell you, the Challenger 300 is a great airplane to fly. Versatile, comfortable up front, reasonably advanced flight deck - I love flying it. After flying ancient 727s and 747-100/200s for years, I am still amazed by the technology. It has great performance and range - Hawaii from the West Coast and East-West transcons are easy. You Netjetters will enjoy flying it.

Regarding cockpit technology, I really like the PL21 but I agree it will be a bit dated in the next 5 years as those 100 Netjets CL350s are delivered. I got a look at a G280 recently at TEB and the PL Fusion was awesome. :cool:

It's big order season with all of the airshows. Who's next? Should we expect a big Legacy 500 order from Flight Options soon?

...Why not upgrade the new CL350 and the CL605 to the ProLine Fusion and keep it in line with the current PL Fusion-equipped Global 6000 (common flight deck for all three types would be great)?..

Quicker to market, that's why.

BAS's philosophy, in many areas, is about using parts from other planes to launch a new one quicker than would be possible otherwise.

IMHO, for the money, the Falcon and Gulfstream product are way more plane for the same money. Heck, the new-and-improved CL-300 prices out at 21m plus options, putting it close to 22m delivered. G280's can be delivered, WITH options, for 24m.

In the end, it's about customer service and support. Gulfstream wouldn't deliver a lost-leader on price, and BAS would.

I'd go with the Gulfstream product in a heartbeat.

...Why not upgrade the new CL350 and the CL605 to the ProLine Fusion and keep it in line with the current PL Fusion-equipped Global 6000 (common flight deck for all three types would be great)?..

Quicker to market, that's why.

BAS's philosophy, in many areas, is about using parts from other planes to launch a new one quicker than would be possible otherwise.

IMHO, for the money, the Falcon and Gulfstream product are way more plane for the same money. Heck, the new-and-improved CL-300 prices out at 21m plus options, putting it close to 22m delivered. G280's can be delivered, WITH options, for 24m.

In the end, it's about customer service and support. Gulfstream wouldn't deliver a lost-leader on price, and BAS would.

I'd go with the Gulfstream product in a heartbeat.

I agree, time to market is important and cockpits aren't everything - the customers won't notice or care... Surprisingly, Netjets' new Phenom 300s with the touch-screen Prodigy/Garmin 3000 will have a more advanced flight deck than the CL350. In the end, customer comfort is what matters and with the new Signature Series interior I bet the CL350 will be very popular with customers.

Latest resources

Back