• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>The system works great so long as you turn it on BEFORE you get into the crap.<<

Even if you wait till after youre getting ice to turn on the TKS, the fluid will still seep thru. It is definately better to turn it on prior to getting ice and then as needed...its a great system for getting thru some bad icing, but I would still try to get out of icing conditions if possible.

Last edited:
I wouldn't count on it seeping through. It won't seep through clear ice (experience), but it can seep through rime, provided its not too heavy. I've run into circumstances where the "normal" mode wouldn't keep the ice off and had to go to "max" mode just to keep up.

I'm like you, I don't care to stick around in the stuff for any longer than I have to, even when I have 17 gal of TKS on board.

Every time I have to turn it on, I sit there and wonder if the tail got the anti-ice memo like the forward part of the airplane did!

1500/mo, cargo in any weather, no PFT as long as you have 135 mins and a 100 multi, 4 days of training (unpaid), 45 yr old planes, MX- if its broke and it will kill you they will fix it, if not shut up. interview..... do you have a pulse, do you have a pilot's license, your hired!!...... ANY QUESTIONS?

Jump Pilot said:
Anybody know the routes they are flying out of Dallas and Lubbock?

I'm flying the route for Central Air Southwest out of Lubbock carrying boxes etc. for Lonestar Overnight Express.

The route is LBB-MAF-AUS-MAF-LBB Monday night through Thursday, and LBB-MAF-AUS-LBB on Friday night. Flight leaves Lubbock at 19:30 and get back around 06:30 with 5 hours downtime in Austin.

I've only got good things to say about Central - airplanes, management and maintenance - and I've been with them for 6 months now.

I am based with them at GRR. Though I've never flown with boots, I am thoroughly impressed with TKS. If you know anything about michigan it snows here every day in the winter and if you're in the clouds you will get ice. Use the TKS like any other system, to get out of the icing or through it quickly and it is great. We can also fly IN the ice for 4 hours (full tank) and have completely clean wings, stabs, and props because the fluid runs back.. I bet boots won't do that. If you want to make sure its ready as soon as you get into ice, just run it on the ground til the fluid drips, then you know all the air is out of the system and fluid will start flowing right away (also a good idea if hangared and going out into the snow- otherwise lines could freeze). Only one big disadvantage and that is flilling the tank with the 5 gallon jugs out in the cold. I know winter is over now but next year if im still here (hope i won't be) I will be thankful for the TKS.

Other parts of CAS aren't quite as good, no AP, low pay, old A/C, but this I knew going in and i'm building lots of total and twin time. I did the SIC as well, how else to build ME at 35/hr and if you have the other requirements they can waive a few twin hours and start you working right away when they need someone. Feel free to PM me with any ?s.

WARNING

Anyone who submits their personal and flight information via their web page under the Employment section is at risk of it being read and viewed by anyone who knows what they're doing. It is not encrypted and easily viewable.

bump.

blah blah

I applied with them and they offered me the opportunity to build multi time in the right seat for like 50 an hour.....I dutifully turned them down.

Latest resources

Back