Central Air Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TS6M said:
What is the interveiw like, any info on that?

OK, so you have you Commercial Multiengine instrument and you'll put up with this? Hell, you're hired.

I wouldn't worry about it.

talked to a guy with them based at kgrr, said he was making $1500/mo.

thats more than me

I looked at the site. Says nothing about PFT. Is it gone from there? Or is it hidden for the "SIC" pilot hiring?

Talked to the guy the other day and he said no PFT, just for the SIC though. Seems decent for some one with low time to get good expierence...

Central is a great place to go if you want to get experience that will actually mean something. I was there for 8 months and had a blast. True the pay is low but what do you expect for only having about 1200 hours. The commanders are old but very reliable and the Maint is good. I have talked to many employers who appreciate the value of the part 135 night cargo experience. The management is not hard to work for if you simply show up and do the job. The contract is six months and you really ought to stay for that long if your word means anything. If you want to be a better pilot this will help.

CAS still have the SIC program listed on their website and imply that they prefer to hire to the left seat from that program. How does it work and would one be blacklisted for the duration of their career and chastized by their peers? Or is it an ok deal? GIA and Alpine seem to get quite the beating for their PFT programs, but this one seems to have avoided the hellfire? Airnet also hires SIC below 135 mins. Perhaps some sage aviator could clear up my confusion?

Cuban B. said:
CAS still have the SIC program listed on their website and imply that they prefer to hire to the left seat from that program. How does it work and would one be blacklisted for the duration of their career and chastized by their peers? Or is it an ok deal? GIA and Alpine seem to get quite the beating for their PFT programs, but this one seems to have avoided the hellfire? Airnet also hires SIC below 135 mins. Perhaps some sage aviator could clear up my confusion?

GIA PFTs displace what should be paid pilots. Airnet, Central Air Southwest SICs are flying Commanders, Caravans, and other aircraft that do not require SICs. The time is legal to log but most people look at this time as worthless experience.

Latest resources

Back