• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't quote me on the information, but I have talked to some of their pilots from time to time. Their training program is like 3-5 days, some of them have to pay for their training, and they make terrible money. I think that their contract is 6 months and pretty much everyone that I talked to said they were leaving after their six were up. With my personal experiences I don't have much good to say about the company, but I haven't and don't fly for them. I used to interact with the company on my old run, but don't anymore. All of their pilots that I came in contact with seemed nice though, I really felt bad for them - that they had to work for the company. Sorry for all of the negative, just what I have observed.

Central air southwest

Any body have scoop on Central Air Southwest as of 01/04/2005??. How are the Aero Commanders, MX, etc... Thanks for a response.

TS6M said:
Any body have scoop on Central Air Southwest as of 01/04/2005??. How are the Aero Commanders, MX, etc... Thanks for a response.

Dude....Central Air Southwest is the same today as it was 10 ago. It's a cargo outfit that has a 3-5 day training program who has PFT.....pretty much explains the operation!

If you don't want to work for the commuters or flight instruct, then this job is for you.

METAR KMKC 050154Z 5SM -FZRA BR SCT013 BKN021 OVC029 00/M01 A3016
RMK AO2 SLP228 P0009 T00001006 $
SPECI KMKC 050207Z 4SM -FZRA BR BKN011 OVC021 00/M01 A3017 RMK AO2
CIG 008V013 P0002 $
SPECI KMKC 050215Z 4SM UP BR BKN009 OVC021 00/M01 A3017 RMK AO2
UPB15FZRAE15 CIG 007V012 P0003 $
SPECI KMKC 050225Z 3SM FZRA BR BKN009 OVC016 00/M01 A3017 RMK AO2
UPB15E19FZRAE15B19 CIG 007V012 P0005 $

here's the ugly, here's your rubber hose to beat the ice off and your a/c has only been on the ramp for an hour...

Last edited:
i never flew for them either, but i know a buttload of pilots who flew for them recently, and everything above is correct. six month contract, crappy pay. no autopilot, you will become great at flying IMC. the commanders they fly do have the TKS (alcohaul) anti ice system which kicks butt compared to planes with boots. also when it is really cold the cabin heaters apparently work about half the time. if i was a 1200 hour CFI again and needed the multi time, i would probably do it.

I did fly for them, I'll answer your questions as best I can, this operator is a 135 check and on demand freight hauler using 30 plus Aerocommanders, all their aircraft have standardized cockpits with weather avoidance in the form of strikefinders, they all have TKS anti-icing ( a titanium, porous, leading edge cuff that seeps glycol ) I agree with the above, this is the best anti-icing system for light twins period.
You are not required to pay for training if you meet Capt mins, pay for the first 6 months is poor but you are on probation, I had to take a paycut to go to Trans States as an FO but that was a while ago.
Post probationary pay varies with route flown and yes there is a 6 month agreement/contract, but this is a business after all, it is not unreasonable to expect some degree of honesty from their pilots, If you don't like the 6 month deal then don't sign up, If you are looking for some excellent flying to boost your multi before moving on then I would recommend these guys.

http://www.centralairsouthwest.com/main.html

...and if ya can hang with them for awhile, theres an air ambulance operator in kansas that picks their guys up quite frequently. single pilot king air for alot more money and alot less work :)

Latest resources

Back