• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Central Air Southwest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probation pay is for the first four months, and has gone up to $1700/month. After that it is route pay. Route pay is based on a complicated combination of mileage (fixed - based on route), downtime (variable), and per diem (fixed - based on route). Personally, I use excel to figure it out.

With my run, I'm flying four legs, four nights per week, and three legs one night per week - two legs at the middle mileage rate, and two/one legs at the low mileage rate - I'm sitting (downtime) for about 6 hours, and my perdiem is 11 hours. Per diem is a new thing that came along beginning of December, and helps to offset the taxes, but shouldn't be used to "increase income".

If I were to stay until the end of 2006, my W-2 would be showing somewhere around $28k. However, thats not figuring 4 months of probation. My W-2 from last year was just over $21k - figuring 6 months of probation at $1500/mo.

As far as getting KC as a base, if you live there and ask for it, it is highly possible.

Thx again guys. I currently pull in about 24K moving planes but if I could up my multi times, stay around the current pay and live in KC, my life would be much better until I can land a higher paying opportunity worth moving for. I figure I will go through the summer where the times come more often and Ill be around 135 mins roughly come September.Then I'll give em a shout to see if I can get KC based. So from what I understand your typical night is 7pm to 6 am? Is it hard to adjust to nights?

RichardRambone said:
So from what I understand your typical night is 7pm to 6 am? Is it hard to adjust to nights?

Actually, the route I'm assigned is 7:30pm to 6:30pm, but as the freight is always late from the sorting, I usually can get back in by 7am, or even 7:30am sometimes.

With the 'Pilot Agreement', it states that one hour of downtime is not charged for (why, I have no idea), and the per diem, is fixed (again, why I don't know).

As far as adjusting to nights, it wasn't hard for me as I've always been a nightowl and have completely dedicated myself to the flying - ie no other jobs. However, it can be difficult for some people. I know that a friend of mine at Air Net recently had to resign because he wasn't able to get enough sleep during the day, and one of the pilots I would meet up with had the same problem, and resigned from CASW after about 4 months.

Good luck with whatever you do in the future.

Latest resources

Back