• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Capital Cargo versus Amerijet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2 weeks on the road nonstop? How do your wives put up with that? And kids? Remember, those little rascals you left at home?

How in the world do Navy wives put up with their husbands being gone 6-12 months? How do the wives put up with UPS, Atlas, Evergreen, etc pilots being gone 2 weeks?

Apparently some wives are more supportive than others.

YMMV

How about on-call 24/7 :45 min call outs,(Wheels Up) and 13 days off a quarter? I'd take 14 days off a month in a second,,,, sign me up por favor

2 weeks on the road nonstop? How do your wives put up with that? And kids? Remember, those little rascals you left at home?

It's a dog-eat-dog world......when you're on the road, you keep girl friends in every port, I mean layover city. And while you are gone, your wife's boyfriend takes your place and mows the lawn. Everyone is happy! Or more towards tradition, keep getting divorced and fly til failure!

Oh boy.....I think you guys answered my questions.

I'm young have a great GF that we will probably get married and have kids in the next few years. 2 weeks is too much I think. This is gonna sound silly in light of how crappy it is to standby these days, but there is something to be said for jumpseat arrangements and family travel. My mom didn't put up with my crap for years to not be able to travel. I think a regional or another company with a better schedule will suit me better.

If your avatar qualifications are current, you may be putting the carriage ahead of the horse.. you gotta get an interview first. With 2300 hours and little to no turbine time (my assumption); might be difficult.

Last edited:
Perhaps...but in the meantime, it can't hurt to do a little research and see what various segments of the industry have to offer before sending out your resume.

PHXFLYR

Without going into too much detail I am competitive at either company. More likely to be hired at either one than at a regional.

The answer to your original question about which company is better is... the one that hires you and pays you. In this economy if you're being picky you're setting yourself up for hardtimes.

200K+ per year sure has helped my wife put up with the time away. Also just had my daughter grad from private college. It's all about what you want in life. remember most of us with 13-14 days off bid blocks of time off back to back for 26-28 days home in a row. Add in 4 weeks of vacation a year and 3-5 weeks off 4 times per year ain't bad either!

P.S. money ann't all there is but it sucks to be gone and broke!

200K+ per year sure has helped my wife put up with the time away. Also just had my daughter grad from private college. It's all about what you want in life. remember most of us with 13-14 days off bid blocks of time off back to back for 26-28 days home in a row. Add in 4 weeks of vacation a year and 3-5 weeks off 4 times per year ain't bad either!

P.S. money ann't all there is but it sucks to be gone and broke!

Nobody will make anything close to that at Capital or Amerijet.....they are more in line with regional salaries which is why QOL is more important.

Latest resources

Back