Capital Cargo versus Amerijet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

I am curious about Capital Cargo versus Amerijet. They both fly 727s they both are getting new planes. Capital 757s and Amerijet 767s.

I hear that Capital flies mostly during the week yet you are 16 on 16 off. Are they are bottom feeder and to cheap to fly you home for your days off? Why the training contract of 15k? Are they worried about people leaving?

Now amerijet, I know the pay is low and all however no training contract and home based and home almost every day right?

Can any one shed some light on a comparison of these two fine companies?

Flying for any airline in the non-sked segment of the industry is a really tough way to make a living ,especially when you factor in quality of life issues, or lack thereof. .... I guess what it comes down to is who do you want to waist your money paying union dues to ? ALPA ,who represent the Capital guys ?? Or teamsters who represents Amerijet ?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Just seems that moving to Miami for couple years to get some time and be home every night with amerijet would make sense if you have a girlfriend etc.

I know they both have reputations just wondering which was worse. I just don't see how a guy can do 2 weeks. Packing for a week is a pain in the ass.....how about two weeks or a month...wow.

Just seems that moving to Miami for couple years to get some time and be home every night with amerijet would make sense if you have a girlfriend etc.

I know they both have reputations just wondering which was worse. I just don't see how a guy can do 2 weeks. Packing for a week is a pain in the ass.....how about two weeks or a month...wow.

If you can't stand to pack for two weeks, stay away from cargo. Nothing worse than flying with a guy that hates being on the road for two weeks or more and is there just to build time!

If you can't stand to pack for two weeks, stay away from cargo. Nothing worse than flying with a guy that hates being on the road for two weeks or more and is there just to build time!

X 2!

Rally, saying what you said is kind of like an aspiring cook being appalled at the idea of smelling like a kitchen......sort of goes with the territory.

Flying for any airline in the non-sked segment of the industry is a really tough way to make a living ,especially when you factor in quality of life issues, or lack thereof. .... I guess what it comes down to is who do you want to waist your money paying union dues to ? ALPA ,who represent the Capital guys ?? Or teamsters who represents Amerijet ?

PHXFLYR:cool:

"waist your money" wASTE....

2 weeks on the road nonstop? How do your wives put up with that? And kids? Remember, those little rascals you left at home?

Latest resources

Back