• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Capital Cargo versus Amerijet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nobody will make anything close to that at Capital or Amerijet.....they are more in line with regional salaries which is why QOL is more important.

My guess is most guys going to Capitol or Amerijet to build time/experience then move on. Commuting 3-4 times a month on flights that are oversold while flying for a regional sucks also. The regional pilots at my crash pad were away from home just as much with crappy commute schedules. 767 International time on the resume looks better than RJ time flying to Ft Wayne. Again all depends what the end game is a flying job or a flying career.

This is gonna sound silly in light of how crappy it is to standby these days, but there is something to be said for jumpseat arrangements and family travel. My mom didn't put up with my crap for years to not be able to travel. I think a regional or another company with a better schedule will suit me better.

Since you don't have the travel bennies yet, you don't know better. When I flew people, travel bennies were pretty good (prior to 9/11). Post 9/11, airlines cut schedules, etc., which filled airplanes and made non-revving difficult at best. Most pilots want to vacation at the same places and same times that the paying public does. I saw too many times families sitting in DFW from the early morning trying to get to their vacation only to be still sitting in the airport at the end of the day.

Also, depending on the airline, your and/or parent travel classification may be lower than other employees. AA/AE employees were the same. Parents were the equal to other employees when travelling with the employee, but lower when travelling without.

Not sure how travel is for a Delta/United/Usair/Continental contract carrier.

If you can't stand to pack for two weeks, stay away from cargo. Nothing worse than flying with a guy that hates being on the road for two weeks or more and is there just to build time!

Dude, most is not all all those ACMI freight outfits are stepping stones with very few exceptions. If I had to chose between Amerijet or Capitol then it is Capitol hands down.

2 weeks on the road nonstop? How do your wives put up with that? And kids? Remember, those little rascals you left at home?

For most their wives prefer it or they end up divorced. For the 8 years I spent doing ACMI freight it was divorce central with most the guys. Some 2 or 3 times. It is not good for family life.

For most their wives prefer it or they end up divorced. For the 8 years I spent doing ACMI freight it was divorce central with most the guys. Some 2 or 3 times. It is not good for family life.

That same scenario was present at the commuter I flew at. Low pay crappy schedules not good. In the 18 years I have flown freight out of 600 plus pilots maybe 10 divorce's. I don't think any airline has better numbers.

That same scenario was present at the commuter I flew at. Low pay crappy schedules not good. In the 18 years I have flown freight out of 600 plus pilots maybe 10 divorce's. I don't think any airline has better numbers.
Are you saying that only 10 ABX pilots got divorced in 18 years? Or is it the maximum number of divorces was one pilot divorced 10 times during 18 years?

You're post is a little hard to follow.

Capital will provide you with a better commutable sched. However, if your willing to live in south Fl Amerijet would be a good place to start out your career. You will get quite handy with and also sharpen your jet skills in the 727 if that's what your looking for. They typically used to have lots of flying available out of Mia. You can fly your ass off and should be home every night. Where else can you fly a 727 into 2 different 4800' runways?

Are you saying that only 10 ABX pilots got divorced in 18 years? Or is it the maximum number of divorces was one pilot divorced 10 times during 18 years?

You're post is a little hard to follow.

Wow! That tough huh? Let's see 600 or so pilot's total of maybe 10 divorce's. Either way you try to confuse yourself the number is still around 10 out of 600. I was at Air Wisc. 6 mo's and saw that many. My guess is the numbers are spread fairly even across the board, regional, commuter, major, or cargo/acmi cargo the people and numbers of divorces are about the same. Your wife can either think on her feet and handle the problems that pop up when you are gone or not.

Capital will provide you with a better commutable sched. However, if your willing to live in south Fl Amerijet would be a good place to start out your career. You will get quite handy with and also sharpen your jet skills in the 727 if that's what your looking for. They typically used to have lots of flying available out of Mia. You can fly your ass off and should be home every night. Where else can you fly a 727 into 2 different 4800' runways?

Packs off, flaps 25 powering back to use every inch at SVD, number two compressor stalling as you climb out..... Good times, good times......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back