• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/UAL .....again...and fearful

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obama is from Illinois...UAL is headquartered in Chicago...there will be no Ch 7 for UAL. Stand by for 1) Merger, 2) Foreign purchase and cabotage, or 3) Bailout. For those of you who think a democrat will stand firm on cabotage and/or protecting American jobs, think again...special interests trump all else in this country every time...he is in the pockets of UAL and they will get one or the other over Ch 7 no matter what.

Obama is from Illinois...UAL is headquartered in Chicago...there will be no Ch 7 for UAL. Stand by for 1) Merger, 2) Foreign purchase and cabotage, or 3) Bailout. For those of you who think a democrat will stand firm on cabotage and/or protecting American jobs, think again...special interests trump all else in this country every time...he is in the pockets of UAL and they will get one or the other over Ch 7 no matter what.

You have no facts to back up this absurd claim. I can hope you make flying decisions better than you think out your posts. In the pockets of UAl, yeah right.

For those of you who think a democrat will stand firm on cabotage and/or protecting American jobs, think again...special interests trump all else in this country every time...

Not to turn this into a political thread, but I think Obama will prove the above statement wrong. If he wants any chance in the world of staying in the White House in 2012, he is going to have to deliver what he promised during this election. I think we will see change in America with this guy.

A well thought out arguement........rare at fi ;)

Aint gunna happen but nice arguement nonetheless.....

Peace.

Thanks for the complement.....I think. If you are saying CH. 7 isn't going to happen, hooray!! No merger will happen either, however.

As for this Obama saving UAL stuff, see my previous post on mythological savior figures (White Knights).

Oh, and by the way; the Ben Franklin quote is as follows: 'Those who give up their freedom and liberty out of fear deserve neither freedom nor liberty'. He also proposed that each generation should arouse its' own revolution to ensure it is not held bound by the outdated and onerous affectations of the previous generation. Hence the folly of political conservatism.

To stir the pot even more, Thomas Jefferson said during his presidential campaign at a debate "whether my neighbor thinks there are 50 gods or none neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket". In the fine tradition of our "conservative values" foundation I suppose.....

So much for the UAL thread now..........

Last edited:
You have no facts to back up this absurd claim. I can hope you make flying decisions better than you think out your posts. In the pockets of UAl, yeah right.

UAL going Ch 7 is an absurd claim.

The only was they will go chapter anything is if senior management stand to make $$$$$ from it. Everything else is absurd speculation and pontificating on a forum as if you are "in the know" is ridiculous.

They look at the Delta CEO bonus for arranging their merger and it's their wet dream.

You could not be more wrong. The ONLY good thing about obama is he will never allow cabotage and I highly doubt increased foreign ownership. Now back to ual/cal.

Time will tell.........

I think it will come sooner rather than later. Right about the time that chick gets a heart attack in your avatar :beer:

The girl....hell, what about the poor guy!!!!

In all seriousness, I hope you guys pull through this, but things are being stacked against you. I don't want a merger simply because it would destroy my career and long term plans. So, naturally, I'm against that. I remember when United was THE place to be years ago, but because of mismanagement, your airline has basically been demoralized and destroyed. But should you bring another down with ya? That's my point. Best of luck......:beer:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back