• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/UAL .....again...and fearful

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Continental has been some wonderful place to work since the strike there in the 1980s??? Tell me all about the wonderful contracts and great labor management relations at CAL for the last 25 years.

There aint a whole lot, I'll agree with you. There is however one recent instance where I was proud of CAL: When they backed out of the deal with UAL. CAL's Kellner didn't mouth off with some BS comment like: We'd be happy to take part of UAL. Or: The widebodies would be fine, but we don't want any of the employees. Or: Tell UAL to go into BK first, then we'll be interested. Nope. The guy just bowed out. A simple, professional: No thanks. Furthermore, you didn't hear any of that same BS out of CALALPA leadership. There was no: This should be a purchase, not a merger. Or: UAL pilots are general practioners, CAL pilots are brain surgeons.

You can't tell me UAL or UALALPA would have done the same if things were reversed.

Everyone's past is checkered. I think we could ALL reference a company. All we really care about now is better contracts, and companies.

And Continental has been some wonderful place to work since the strike there in the 1980s??? Tell me all about the wonderful contracts and great labor management relations at CAL for the last 25 years.

I am sick and tired of living in the past. That is why I am running for EWR CA Rep on a ticket of true trade unionists ready to fight for our future. Our pilot group has changed, I am only for a real contract with massive gains in just about every section.

I can't control the past only the future (87 hire).

I don't see a merger as likely. The cost of integrating two airlines is huge and I don't see a lot of extra money out there to make this happen.
I was surprised to see CAL join the Death* alliance; we'll have to see what our German counterparts have extracted for that privilege. Tilton's merely Darth Vader. Wolfgang Mayrhuber's the Emporer.
OK, I've geeked out enough for tonight.

Jonny sacko have you voted?

Absolutely, I'm with ya! Go kick some genuine azz! Speaking of which, I heard Dowell won't push against the over 60 guys returning cause EEOC might throw a fit and take away the rule entirely. I hope you, T, and Casandra(don't know how he got that) put a stop to the back slide. Good job,and congrats before hand.

<---Check it out, the devil post. Doing my best Devil impersonation from Seinfeld.

Latest resources

Back