• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/UAL .....again...and fearful

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL..u wish I worked there...I work for UA and cant wait to get out of this hell!

I call B.S. on this one.....

Since when did you start working for UAL?

too late to merge now with Obama elected

I will have to remember that statement :)

Which state did Obama come from again?!..........

United aint goin NOWHERE.......merger here we come. I am not happy about it but trying to be realistic and give Glenn the boot at the same time !!!!!! :puke:

My prediction by 2011:

DAL/NWA/ALK--- lots of cash from AF/KLM
UAL/CAL/JBLU--- lots of cash from Lufthansa
AA/UAIR---------lots of cash from BA
SWA/AAI--------lots of their own cash
Frontier---------sadly, gone.

60 Replies Later: White Knight Dreams

Well, I asked for one, just one link to any website from an accredited industry source (Wall Street, Aviation Week, The Boyd Group, etc.) and I have yet to see one. What I asked to avoid was a lot of 'informed opinion' - also known as idle speculation- and I got an earful. (Someone had the callousness to say "You heard it here first", well this thread would prove that someone beat that know-it-all to the punch!)

I remember in the months prior to our bankruptcy and purchase by AA, we had a lot of White Knights that were going to save TWA. Most notably amongst those was Richard Branson. He was going to purchase us through some third party holding company (getting around US ownership laws) and then infuse us with capital and jobs and thus save our carrier and make us bigger and better than ever.............if only.

It would seem that Gordon Bethune serves the mythological savior status that Branson at one time served for us at TWA.

This belief will certainly lead to some soothing thoughts in tough times and help one fall asleep at night, but it may not be realistic. I am unaware of Bethune ever mentioning any interest in running an airline again..I don't think he needs the money... and we know where not just Larry Kellner, but the CAL BOD stands on this issue.

Since we are all speculating, I think the most likely outcome at this point is a purchasing of pieces of UAL at a post bankruptcy proceeding. I think the only thing about UAL to CAL of interest is the west coast and Asian operations. I think AA would want a lot of the O'Hare operations for obvious competitive purposes.

No doubt the assets of United would spark a fierce bidding war and I doubt this idea has passed by the majority shareholders of UAL stock. At the end of the day money is what will decide the ultimate disposition of not only UAL but all of us. As time progresses and the idea of United returning to profitability becomes more and more remote, liquidation emerges more and more attractively to the a-moral, conscience lacking business community.

I wish all of you at United the best. Frankly, you can pass all the internal resolutions about seniority integration you want, you are not taking our jobs at CAL (i.e. DOH or national seniority lists). I have been furloughed and know the angst it causes, as I said before in another thread on this similar topic, don't be afraid to leave this industry and try something new (if regrettably the need would arise). I sure wish I did.

Peace.

Well, I asked for one, just one link to any website from an accredited industry source (Wall Street, Aviation Week, The Boyd Group, etc.) and I have yet to see one. What I asked to avoid was a lot of 'informed opinion' - also known as idle speculation- and I got an earful. (Someone had the callousness to say "You heard it here first", well this thread would prove that someone beat that know-it-all to the punch!)

I remember in the months prior to our bankruptcy and purchase by AA, we had a lot of White Knights that were going to save TWA. Most notably amongst those was Richard Branson. He was going to purchase us through some third party holding company (getting around US ownership laws) and then infuse us with capital and jobs and thus save our carrier and make us bigger and better than ever.............if only.

It would seem that Gordon Bethune serves the mythological savior status that Branson at one time served for us at TWA.

This belief will certainly lead to some soothing thoughts in tough times and help one fall asleep at night, but it may not be realistic. I am unaware of Bethune ever mentioning any interest in running an airline again..I don't think he needs the money... and we know where not just Larry Kellner, but the CAL BOD stands on this issue.

Since we are all speculating, I think the most likely outcome at this point is a purchasing of pieces of UAL at a post bankruptcy proceeding. I think the only thing about UAL to CAL of interest is the west coast and Asian operations. I think AA would want a lot of the O'Hare operations for obvious competitive purposes.

No doubt the assets of United would spark a fierce bidding war and I doubt this idea has passed by the majority shareholders of UAL stock. At the end of the day money is what will decide the ultimate disposition of not only UAL but all of us. As time progresses and the idea of United returning to profitability becomes more and more remote, liquidation emerges more and more attractively to the a-moral, conscience lacking business community.

I wish all of you at United the best. Frankly, you can pass all the internal resolutions about seniority integration you want, you are not taking our jobs at CAL (i.e. DOH or national seniority lists). I have been furloughed and know the angst it causes, as I said before in another thread on this similar topic, don't be afraid to leave this industry and try something new (if regrettably the need would arise). I sure wish I did.

Peace.

A well thought out arguement........rare at fi ;)

Aint gunna happen but nice arguement nonetheless.....

Peace.

Latest resources

Back