• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal System Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome to the airlines. Don't believe everything you are told; do some research on your own and make your own educated decision. Furloughs at CAL are a direct result of age 65. Sorry you made such a HUGE mistake by coming to the airlines. Maybe you should take a look at what you are getting into before you make a career change. The unions have always been here, and they always will. If you don't like it, don't come to the airlines, you won't be missed.

Well Chief. you must be one of the "F*&k you , I got mine, who's with me?" senior crowd at CAL.
I did my research, this is not my first airline, and you can kiss my a$$

Welcome to the airlines. Don't believe everything you are told; do some research on your own and make your own educated decision. Furloughs at CAL are a direct result of age 65. Sorry you made such a HUGE mistake by coming to the airlines. Maybe you should take a look at what you are getting into before you make a career change. The unions have always been here, and they always will. If you don't like it, don't come to the airlines, you won't be missed.

This is the same type person who was telling you how great it was before you applied. It would be nice if there was more honest dialog about how this gig has turned out. Of course that means guys like Tonto have to admit things about theirselves they are unwilling to.

Well Chief. you must be one of the "F*&k you , I got mine, who's with me?" senior crowd at CAL.

Smoe,

Don't pay attention to this arse. The majority of us feel your pain and are pulling for you guys. I hope you guys get picked up by other airlines and walk with your FREE type ratings. Then maybe some jackass downtown will realize screwing with your pilots is not good for business. Good luck with everything.

You must be an another angry Express Jet pilot who things the world (and CAL) owes them something. I've been furloughed from another major and had to start all over again. I'm tired up people blaming others about this job as if they had "no idea" what they were getting into. If you don't like it, it's your own fault for coming. You need to rethink your research methods and grow up.

You must be an another angry Express Jet pilot who things the world (and CAL) owes them something. I've been furloughed from another major and had to start all over again. I'm tired up people blaming others about this job as if they had "no idea" what they were getting into. If you don't like it, it's your own fault for coming. You need to rethink your research methods and grow up.

Nobody owes me $hit. I've paid my own way through this world. The only time I asked for help, it landed in at Scabinental. So, a$$munch, your right on one thing, I do blame myself for my temporary situation.
I'm guessing you like it at CAL so much as you must be one of the bottom-feeding, open time whores; padding your paycheck at your fellow pilots' expense.
Congratulations Chief. You just made my ignore list.

Sorry for you not liking it so much here I am sure certain attitudes expressed here don't really help. I for one just cast my vote to pay for the furloughs insurance since the voting opened today, hope every one gets on and makes the right vote. If you don't have your voting registration just call the alpa office it takes less then 5 minutes to get a new one. Good luck to all the furloughs I hope those that want to come back to a better cal and those that don't enjoy where then end up.

Nice attitude. You must be a pleasure to fly with. I am glad I got out of the airline biz - I can avoid flying with holier-than-thou dorks like you.

Sorry for you not liking it so much here I am sure certain attitudes expressed here don't really help. I for one just cast my vote to pay for the furloughs insurance since the voting opened today, hope every one gets on and makes the right vote. If you don't have your voting registration just call the alpa office it takes less then 5 minutes to get a new one. Good luck to all the furloughs I hope those that want to come back to a better cal and those that don't enjoy where then end up.

S-hit....you could take ONE yearly management bonus and pay every single one of those furloughees for the entire time they're furloughed and then some at their salary.

Management makes me want to fcking puke. It was said perfectly earlier, they don't HAVE to furlough, they are simply doing it because they can. I'll bet anyone on this board a blow-job from a Colombian w-hore that as soon as these furloughs happen, they'll be moaning and groaning about needing you to take less on a contract and how these furloughs are proof of that. Bulls-hit.

Stay strong guys! Don't give them anything.

You must be an another angry Express Jet pilot who things the world (and CAL) owes them something.

i'm proud to be an angry FORMER ExpressJet pilot.

if you're not fuming over the working conditions that have been allowed by the pilot force at CAL then i don't know how to convince you otherwise.

thanks for lumping the FORMER ExpressJet pilots together. if we are all seen as angry and willing to push back when we are shoved around then i have no problem with the label.

CAL pilots continue to tear open their own wounds and i don't get it. move onward and upward and stop blaming others for where we are. it's my fault and it's your fault and it's OUR responsibility to fix things.

time to get started...

Latest resources

Back