• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cal System Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
who really knows. the company wants scope relief.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

they are hoping by using the 148 hostages the pilots will cave. not likely. it is negotiations 101 they are playing hardball, getting ready for the merger with united. it is going to happen just don't know when

With all the cross training about to happen and the open time whores reaching far limits. don't plan on traveling around xmas or thanksgiving

cal is becoming another regional with big aircraft, waht a s%%thole

who really knows. the company wants scope relief.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

they are hoping by using the 148 hostages the pilots will cave. not likely. it is negotiations 101 they are playing hardball, getting ready for the merger with united. it is going to happen just don't know when

With all the cross training about to happen and the open time whores reaching far limits. don't plan on traveling around xmas or thanksgiving

cal is becoming another regional with big aircraft, waht a s%%thole

I agree about us being a regional airline (aren't our 757's just international RJ's?). I wouldn't hold your breath about merging with UAL, wishful thinking for the UAL employees perhaps, but not realistic. CAL is waiting for a potential fire sale, not that I wish that on the UAL employees.

If we were going to merge with United, it would of been done already. It's not going to happen.....we're waiting for a fire sale of United.....

PREMIUM PAY FOR CLE B737 CAs & FOs

As of today at 1100CT, if you are a B737 First Officer or Captain in CLE that does a straight pickup from open time of a full pairing that originates on August 15th through August 18th, 2008, that pickup will be treated as a voluntary junior manning(VJM) event and you will be paid a minimum of 4:30/day or flight time flown, whichever is greater, at 150% of your normal hourly rate.
System bid is open, 150 with 5 Sep furlough letters, manpower is running numbers to see how many actually get furloughed. Every open time pickup tells company they can fly with fewer pilots. This is not just numbers. People you know, people you fly with, are on the bubble. Will you help them? Or help the company?

Last edited:
I second that about picking up of open time, while we are clearly going to furlough a few for whatever reason we just started offering vjm again for ewr and cle 737. The choices we make!

I would dispute however that we are just a regional it wasn't that long ago I remember how that flying was, I will take my 24 hour mbj layovers over seven legs a day that I did for years to end up in BFE.

ps. not my logon my buddies from NJets so dont bash him thanks.

I know this question is a little stupid, however I will ask anyway ....

Does anyone think this amount of furloughs ( whatever the end number may be ) is the total ? or will there be more in subsequent months?

How long are they expecting to be on the street?

When they get called back...and hiring resumes, will they have the same person in charge or that will be TBD at the time.

Thanks for your ideas ( I understand its only opinion )

Latest resources

Back