• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL System Bid soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are properly staffed alright. Only 1 person on 3pm reserve for tomorrow.Thats why my trade for a LHR to a FCO was denied and went to somebody over 600 numbers junior to me even though I was the first to call. Gonna be a great summer. DONT PICK UP OPEN TIME unless you dropped something with it.

CAL is always properly staffed! There are always enough IAH CA's available for any CA or FO open time. VJM ho's(sp)get rich while furloughees collect unemployment and lose their homes. All while CALALPA claims they are powerless to stop it. No only unwilling but un-motivated to even come out against it.

There will be no recalls until all negotiating/political capitol is consumed and we are far from that. Management will offer something in exchange for recalls. They have made only one such offer so far. There will be another. Only after that offer will there be any serious chance of recall.

Last edited:
I think any adjustment bid in the near future will be to shift some EWR flying to CLE for the LAX-HNL route. Hopefully everyone that got displaced out of CLE will get to go home.

CAL is always properly staffed! There are always enough IAH CA's available for any CA or FO open time. VJM ho's(sp)get rich while furloughees collect unemployment and lose their homes. All while CALALPA claims they are powerless to stop it. No only unwilling but un-motivated to even come out against it.

There will be no recalls until all negotiating/political capitol is consumed and we are far from that. Management will offer something in exchange for recalls. They have made only one such offer so far. There will be another. Only after that offer will there be any serious chance of recall.

You'd be suprised how many G and M numbers are straight picking up open time.

Nothing would surprise me.

I'll tell you what would surprise me........CALALPA voicing even the slightest concern...............

I thought those new reps up in Newark were going to change the world?

Maybe when the LEC officers go on trip loss to staff the new offices up there?

Has the EWR Captain rep quit in frustration yet?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Enlighten me....
How many G and M's are picking up straight open time. I would like the number please....

I'm an M on LTVRF, so I'm about 60 hours a month. There should not be a single person on property complaining about how tough the summer skd is going to be since everyone had a chance to reduce their skd and keep a person on property at the same time. Don't complain, its your own fault.....

Enlighten me....
How many G and M's are picking up straight open time. I would like the number please....

I'm an M on LTVRF, so I'm about 60 hours a month. There should not be a single person on property complaining about how tough the summer skd is going to be since everyone had a chance to reduce their skd and keep a person on property at the same time. Don't complain, its your own fault.....

Well said!!!!!!!

Enlighten me....

Hey man, do your own research. I'm also an M number and I can see you're offended by the suggestion that G and M numbers are doing straight pickup. I'm also very irritated at it and each time I get an open pairing alert, I'll research who got it and if it's a straight pickup. I'd say 80 percent are straight pickups. I'd also say that most.....80 percent or more are G and M numbers. I was shocked at that. This is only on the 756, so I don't know what's going on with the 737. So it's not a Captain thing or a senior pilot deal, a whore is a whore and I like to know who's doing what. I'm very disappointed with some pilots I considered friends and would say straight to my face that they'd never pick up open time while I know they're lying. Sad, very sad. As far as your LTVRF, some pilots can't afford it. I considered it, but I had financial obligations that prevented me from taking advantage of it. Also, I felt there's too many loopholes and when I called planning for explanations, they weren't honest with me and I got a different answer each time. So I avoided it. You're only able to hold LTVRF because most couldn't afford it, so don't pretend it's available to everyone. Available and holding it are two different things. As far as the schedule for this summer, it's going to be awful. My month block ours are going to go up to 90+ hours with min days off. There's nothing I can do about that. I'll bid block hours low and the afterbirth of PBS will give me 90+ hours. CAL will run this pilot group into the ground to save money. The only way....and I mean the only way they'll back off overworking this pilot group is when we have a major accident and fatigue is a factor. It's not a question if, it's a question when. It's going to happen unfortunately.

Ben Franklin, haven't seen you around in awhile. Am I using proper grammer? It's done nice how weez have yo grammer teecher on da dis flightinfo. As far as your comments on our new reps, they've already done a great job. They've forced out some people in IAH and EWR's communication is 100 percent better. Unity is getting better and it's slowly working it's way to IAH. We have a new MEC Vice Chair and he's going to do a GREAT job. So things are changing and we are going to turn around this airline for the better. Anyhow, best wishes.

Latest resources

Back