• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL System Bid soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If 588 more pilots applied to be in the program not a single guy would be on the street. Something for everyone to think about.

According to CALALPA if all pilots bid there vacation THIS YEAR, the company would be more than 150 pilots short. Yes you read it right, AFTER the furlough greedy bastards sold their Vac instead of bidding it all like the union asked. Selfish A$$holes.

According to CALALPA if all pilots bid there vacation THIS YEAR, the company would be more than 150 pilots short. Yes you read it right, AFTER the furlough greedy bastards sold their Vac instead of bidding it all like the union asked. Selfish A$$holes.

Makes one wonder why the furlough LOA does not include:
  • Prohibition of any vacation fly-through/sale while pilots are on furlough.
  • Prohibition of CA pickup of FO flyiing while pilots are on furlough.
  • Prohibition of VJM programs while pilots are on furlough.
I would even like to see something as aggressive as a mandatory line divisor = reserve MPG +/- 10%, but I know there are some out there that would consider that a "pay cut."

And that ain't even outside-of-the-box thinking. Read the Reduction in Force TA thoroughly when it comes out.

(Not directed at you Hutchman)
CAL pilots, please, Please, PLEASE pay attention to more than just pay rates in the future contract.

Yes, the pay at CAL, especially in the first five years, is terrible. I also know the pay for everyone sucks compared to C'97. What I have found most prevalent though is that most guys bitch about their quality-of-life which equates to "work rules" and contact language.

If we had been living the last 6+ years with a contract that at least had some decent work rules then the pay cuts would have been a little less bitter.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we should aim for the whole enchilada, but properly drafted, work rules and contract language can put as much money in your account as the dollar change in section 3.

Read the 8 TAs already on the CAL MEC page. Read each subsequent one that comes out. Find the things about each that you like and dislike. Be educated. There really is no excuse this time to have a disaster of a contract like C'02. The only people we will have to blame is ourselves.

Latest resources

Back