• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL System Bid soon?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of the ACPs in recurrent classes are saying one is coming out. Other ACPs in recurrent classes are saying no bid until August. (This info is from pilots on the "crackpipe").

Heard from a buddy that recalls are coming with this bid. System bid soon, what is the point of running a bid in Mid-May if there are no recalls? It would be pointless. Hopefully ppl will be back soon.

Heard from a buddy that recalls are coming with this bid. System bid soon, what is the point of running a bid in Mid-May if there are no recalls? It would be pointless. Hopefully ppl will be back soon.

Based on the history of the middle managers at CAL (i.e. ACP, CP, Flight Ops) the point would be to raise hopes about recalls, growth, etc. only to show that CAL is currently "properly" staffed and pilots consider themselves lucky to be employed. For the life of me I can not understand the backwards mentality of the CAL managers. I still can not comprehend the games they play with the pilot group over contract negotiations in place of growth and a positive environment which would lead to increased employee morale resulting in an even better operated airline.

But I'm just a "poor silly soul" who is also "young, selfish, and untested"!!! ;)

True, but when they release a bid, and people shift around, it costs them money. Lots of it. Are they really that stupid? Throwing money away like that?

True, but when they release a bid, and people shift around, it costs them money. Lots of it. Are they really that stupid? Throwing money away like that?

UUhhh....short answer.....YES!!! It's not a recall and there's no bid coming out. VRF bid came out today with VRF offers for every a/c type in every base except EWR 756 FO.

UUhhh....short answer.....YES!!! It's not a recall and there's no bid coming out. VRF bid came out today with VRF offers for every a/c type in every base except EWR 756 FO.

Yes - but I think that is based on certain triggers in the contract that requires the company to put out these VRFs. In other words, they are only putting these out because the contract compels them too.

But again - what do I know!

I'll settle this for you guys..............

NO RECALLS THIS BID!

April 2010! I've been telling you all along. Say it with me........."V..... J...... M"......!

Last edited:
Well, they can offer VRF with 1 award or none. It's a notice pending review by planning. Any system bid that'll come out will have a reduction if anything.

Latest resources

Back