• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recalls in the Spring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guys: I plan on getting mine. And a lot more. Of course I really don't care about either of you on a personal level. I've come to realize however, that if I want mine, I gotta help you get yours. That's how it works if you want have something at the end of your career.

That's all I'm saying Flop......I "hope" you get yours, but only after I get mine.

Ya, review a concessionary contract, then make a decision short term. Real man of genius.....

CAL will always have a concessionary contract. Most CAL pilots I know would trade contracts with ours at XJT in a heartbeat.

As Captain Mike "Viper" Metcalf likes to say in the greatest movie of all time, "Sorry but, you made a bad choice." LOL

Why would you not quit? If I did not like this job I would be gone and not look back.

If I was still based in EWR doing those 6 crossings a month I would be gone. If I every get displaced out of IAH I will go on leave until I can hold it.

Bottom line: I will not work a lot of days and WILL NOT go back to EWR and be fu1<ing tired all the time again.....I would quit.

I just don't understand why you would continue to do those lines. If you are a commuter, why not move to base and bid caribbean stuff or FL turns from EWR????

Perhaps because no one is hiring? Believe me if they were I'd be gone too. This place is horrible to work for. Especially for junior pilots. Did you ever consider the fact that perhaps he can't hold domestic and Carib flying? That stuff goes super senior on the 756. Its NEVER in open time. This airline is a god damn joke and I'm ashamed to tell people that I fly for CAL.

Last edited:
CAL will always have a concessionary contract. Most CAL pilots I know would trade contracts with ours at XJT in a heartbeat.

As Captain Mike "Viper" Metcalf likes to say in the greatest movie of all time, "Sorry but, you made a bad choice." LOL

Commander not Captain.....:rolleyes:

AAflyer

Oppsss almost forgot...........LOL

Perhaps because no one is hiring? Believe me if they were I'd be gone too. This place is horrible to work for. Especially for junior pilots. Did you ever consider the fact that perhaps he can't hold domestic and Carib flying? That stuff goes super senior on the 756. Its NEVER in open time. This airline is a god damn joke and I'm ashamed to tell people that I fly for CAL.

Sorry you feel that way. I don't have many complaints here. There are a few things that can be fixed (payrates, productivity, a couple other small itema), but other than that I don't see a problem. I have friends at every major (AMR, DAL, SWA, AAI) and I think that I have the best gig.

All I can tell you is when other airlines hire again, quit and go somewhere else. I would if I did not like it here.

90% chance that you will not like your new job either. So many of us pilots are complainers and would hate any company that they work for. It was the same story at Eagle, ASA and now here at CAL.

I find it disheartening that someone would say they are ashamed to work here. I saw the pay rates and heard from friends that the work rules were lacking, but I also knew CAL was a well run airline and that the pilot group and union were to blame for the contract from which we are currently under. I looked at the overall big picture and saw, and still see, tremendous potential here. As a junior guy, I AM concerned about the preservation and funding of your A fund just as I hope the senior guys are concerned about bringing up our B scale wages. But for that to happen, the union needs to educate this group and convince them that they deserve better than what we have. Will that happen? I sure as hell hope so. I know we deserve more than what we have and I will not hesitate to vote NO on any TA that does not put us in the forefront of all major airlines.

Well said Homer.

I like working for CAL. There is much potential here, our route structure will grow and our contract will improve.

I feel I am gaining seniority at the right airline and believe CAL has a very bright future.

When we improve our contract, it will not be for the Pocono's of the industry it will be for the CAL pilot group.

Anyone that's making decisions based on a subpar contract and not looking at potential long term, you're an idiot. Suffer now, but in 3 years when we have a new contract and retirements come along with new a/c coming on property.....everyone would of wished they applied to CAL. I firmly believe that and if I'm wrong...I'm wrong. We'll see.....

To quote Clint Eastwood, "Deserves, got nothing to do with it."

What you CHQ w************************* don't get is, you may fly bigger iron, but your still at a regional. If you quit whoring yourselves out, you would pay your dues where your at. And, when you get invited to the adult table, you fly the bigger iron, get paid better wages, etc.

It's not rocket science but it does require some integrity and character. Two things in short supply in this profession.

Oh yeah, as for CAL coughing up scope, just keep rubbing your pathetic little pecker and keep dreaming, 'cause it ain't gonna happen.

It's not just bigger iron, it's a widebody. Plus it has engines under the wing and great ramp presence.

I don't think CAL will get a good contract because all of the you-know-whos (scabs) won't have to retire now thanks to the AGE65 rule. They will vote in another crappy contract.

Plus all the guys on furlough doesn't help either, and one more thing is the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT we are hearing about here at XJT that CAL is going to open up new bases in return for scope clause eases.

Then XJT will get the 70-90 seaters and CAL pilots will get a Florida and California base.

That's my predictions, and yes, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night actually...LOL

BTW, I am still glad that I stayed here at XJT instead of going to CAL.

Latest resources

Back