• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recalls in the Spring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From a Guy that loves CAL.... Wake Up... lets make this place better!

CAL SUCKS

Then quit! and go work at Burger King. Geesh what a fu*** cry baby. Would you prefer unemployment you ungrateful douch*? So many of our fellow brothers and sister out of work hardly getting sleep at night b/c they are so worried as to how they are going to feed their families and here you are crying over being employed at a major airlines with still more days off than a person working 12 hours a day 6 days a week and barely braking 30,000. Pu$$$*

Sorry we offended the commuter pilots. Maybe they should stay on the commuter, sorry regional board.
I guess back when I was a proud commuter pilot I didn't have my nose stuck high enough in the air to be a regional pilot. You guys are hopeless.

They are known as regionals nowdays. Most regional pilots find it offensive to be called a "commuter" pilot.

Finally some people making sense. Where were you all last week???

I was a commuter pilot as well! ha too funny. then flew a "regional jet" but was pissed about it. I knew it would one day hurt our industry.

Now we have commuter pilots flying hub to hub with first class. awesome.

I was a commuter pilot as well! ha too funny. then flew a "regional jet" but was pissed about it. I knew it would one day hurt our industry.

Now we have commuter pilots flying hub to hub with first class. awesome.
I proudly flew for a commuter and did 135 night freight back in the days when there was such a thing as paying some dues. Sorry, but the 300 hr rj wonder pilot just rubs me the wrong way. I'm just old school I guess.

It's not just bigger iron, it's a widebody. Plus it has engines under the wing and great ramp presence.

Um, we're talking about 170s/190s... So,does that make your mighty 727 a wide-body as well?

Anyone that's making decisions based on a subpar contract and not looking at potential long term, you're an idiot. Suffer now, but in 3 years when we have a new contract and retirements come along with new a/c coming on property.....everyone would of wished they applied to CAL. I firmly believe that and if I'm wrong...I'm wrong. We'll see.....

3 years?? I don't think I could work under that contract for three more years after seeing how bad it is first hand a few years ago when I worked there.

My fear would be that the old scabs that run that place push through a weak contract in a couple of years just before retire with their pension. In the meantime, you are just getting older and punished more and more every day.

I do believe that CAL will be a good place to work someday, unfortunately I think it won't happen until the scabs retire. So you may be looking at another 8 years of misery. I wish you guys the best, but I am skeptical of any real changes any time soon.

JMHO. I have a lot of friends there.

There are less scabs now, most have retired. Us non-scabs run the vote now. Also, we have 1,000 pilots hired from 2005 to now, that is a huge vote.

I proudly flew for a commuter and did 135 night freight back in the days when there was such a thing as paying some dues. Sorry, but the 300 hr rj wonder pilot just rubs me the wrong way. I'm just old school I guess.

What about them rubs you the wrong way? Aren't they just trying to make a living like you are?

Latest resources

Back