• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recalls in the Spring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think CAL will get a good contract because all of the you-know-whos (scabs) won't have to retire now thanks to the AGE65 rule. They will vote in another crappy contract.

Plus all the guys on furlough doesn't help either, and one more thing is the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT we are hearing about here at XJT that CAL is going to open up new bases in return for scope clause eases.

Then XJT will get the 70-90 seaters and CAL pilots will get a Florida and California base.

That's my predictions, and yes, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night actually...LOL

BTW, I am still glad that I stayed here at XJT instead of going to CAL.

If we get the west coast and FL bases, it's because of the JV with United and because the company found it financially feasible. BTW it looks like that is going to happen like it or not.

I can see you are craving for scope clause relief, you worried about flying a 50 seat jet for the rest of your career??? It is ok don't need to answer.

and yes, I am also glad you stayed at XJT, regardless of who decided that.

there is a simple solution to wanting to fly bigger airplanes and make more money, get hired at an airline that flies them.

Pocono, you can talk all the smack you want about the weak links of the CAL pilot group. However, there are too many new guys on property that have seen what scope relief has done at the other airlines. So, i would study hard for that next interview wherever it might be, because that is the only way you will be flying bigger airplanes, at least with CAL paint jobs.

Any more info on possible recalls in the spring would be greatly appreciated, I for one am ready to get my job back. That is what this post is supposed to be about.

Our MEC chairman in C11 unilaterally gave up our 70 seat scope for sparing the pensions. Look what it got us no pensions and the little barbie jets now taking our flying. Experienced pilots on the street for 250hr wonder pilots.

yeah, that is such a crappy deal. it is sad that it all happened in bankruptcy court, at least that was my understanding of it.

Our MEC chairman in C11 unilaterally gave up our 70 seat scope for sparing the pensions. Look what it got us no pensions and the little barbie jets now taking our flying. Experienced pilots on the street for 250hr wonder pilots.

Are you saying that the 250hr "wonders" don't deserve to be at the regionals?

With the upcoming scope relaxation on 70-seat flying, CAL will be able to transfer 737 flying to EMB-170/175 aircraft. That will help alleviate the burden on CAL pilots. It's already in the works.

O.K. enough, the man who posts as Lorenzo is actually funny! You are a rip-off of him and your alter-ego of the guppy killer, or what ever it is, is not clever or amusing. Give it a rest!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back