• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recalls in the Spring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just talked to a friend who was hired then his class cancelled and he never received an email or letter about hiring or anything from CAL.

You should tell your friend to look into this. The guy I spoke to in the pool confirmed to me he received an e-mail from CAL stating the possibility of fall '09 classes.

Maybe just temper your dialog a bit. I will admit that when I lived in base and flew with the same pilots you are now I started to feel the same way. It's not a healthy thing.

You've broke out as an FO. You probably aren't going to get burned there. You've got a few more milestones to pass and that's where you want to watch out. I'm not saying this to pi$$ in your cereal. I care about your upgrade/expectations/livlihood as well as all CAL pilots. You should care more about everyone's as well. You are currently flying with pilots who care about NO ONE but themselves. It ain't healthy!!

I'm with SFR....what the hell are you talking about!!?? I'm thinking he's smoking weed and having a spiritual moment.

FLOPGUT....look, if you honestly think that anyone is truly interested in your career or QOL, you're mistaken. I've learned through the years that everyone is out for themselves and what's best for them. That's the nature of the businesss. It isn't personal, so don't kid yourself. Sure, I want....and i'm sure SFR wants a leading contract that benefits everyone, but at the end ofthe day....I want mine. This noble attitude that some have is bogus and fake. Get yours, because I'm going to get mine.

Last edited:
I just called him again and he said he called two other guys who got hired in his class and NONE received any email or letter or phone call. Not trying to piss on the furloughed guys, but just saying what they told me. Hope we DO hire and recall.....believe me!!!

I'm with SFR....what the hell are you talking about!!?? I'm thinking he's smoking weed and having a spiritual moment.

FLOPGUT....look, if you honestly think that anyone is truly interested in your career or QOL, you're mistaken. I've learned through the years that everyone is out for themselves and what's best for them. That's the nature of the businesss. It isn't personal, so don't kid yourself. Sure, I want....and i'm sure SFR wants a leading contract that benefits everyone, but at the end ofthe day....I want mine. This noble attitude that some have is bogus and fake. Get yours, because I'm going to get mine.

Well then I guess you WILL get yours. And by that I mean you're probably going to get screwed. So do me a favor: don't bitch about it when I have to fly with you!!

I can hear SFR right now. He'll be the loudest one when things aren't going his way.

You're both going to have to remind yourselves you need to try to add to your character and professionalism along the way. (which I'm sure is good already) It's easy to forget to do cause you WILL NOT gain any from most of the senior CAL guys you fly with.

Or, maybe you two want to be just like them?

If you guys are so union happy maybe we should make it a REAL union.

If we lose our job at CAl do you think DAL will hire us immediately at our current payrate? Until we get "real" union benefits like that, we are not a real union.

Guys: I plan on getting mine. And a lot more. Of course I really don't care about either of you on a personal level. I've come to realize however, that if I want mine, I gotta help you get yours. That's how it works if you want have something at the end of your career.

Um, I tried to tell you guys that CAL pretty much sucks. I actually got hired and turned the place down after reviewing their contract, if you can call it a contract LOL :)

Oh well, some people never learn. hehe LOL

CAL is never going to get better unless all the union leaders stop trying to get a job in management. LOL

I usually review a contract Then apply. Some people are just stupid.

The ExpressJet pilots will deserve that flying.

To quote Clint Eastwood, "Deserves, got nothing to do with it."

What you CHQ w************************* don't get is, you may fly bigger iron, but your still at a regional. If you quit whoring yourselves out, you would pay your dues where your at. And, when you get invited to the adult table, you fly the bigger iron, get paid better wages, etc.

It's not rocket science but it does require some integrity and character. Two things in short supply in this profession.

Oh yeah, as for CAL coughing up scope, just keep rubbing your pathetic little pecker and keep dreaming, 'cause it ain't gonna happen.

Latest resources

Back