• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Recalls in the Spring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From a Guy that loves CAL.... Wake Up... lets make this place better!

CAL SUCKS

Man quit whining!! Do something to change your QOL!! I'm also doing 6 crossings and I'm also exhausted and I'm doing a 2 leg commute. But guess what.....it's my choice!!! I'm on 3rd pay, going to the 737 EWR....CAL can pay for my housing while in training...then I'll base trade to IAH. The only reason why you can hold the 756 as a line holder is because our contract blows. The seniority list doesn't reflect true seniority. Anyhow...just quit.

I just talked to a friend who was hired then his class cancelled and he never received an email or letter about hiring or anything from CAL.

Last edited:
Um, I tried to tell you guys that CAL pretty much sucks. I actually got hired and turned the place down after reviewing their contract, if you can call it a contract LOL :)

Oh well, some people never learn. hehe LOL

CAL is never going to get better unless all the union leaders stop trying to get a job in management. LOL

SFR: CAL get's you sooner or later. If you've got a good current situation that you haven't paid through the nose for 3 times over, then you can bet CAL mgt wants to take it from you. I've seen too many guys like you at CAL. You're the ones who take it the hardest when you get screwed. They'll wait til you have kids in school and close a base. Stick you on a dying fleet. Or it will come when you have a sick spouse or family memeber and you think you ought to get a break. You won't. They are laying an ambush for everyone of us. You'll be wondering why CAL pilots can't stick together and then you'll observe someone with your exact, current behavior and you'll know why we struggle.

Try to cool it a little bit. Look way down the runway...so to speak.

Last edited:
SFR: CAL get's you sooner or later. If you've got a good current situation that you haven't paid through the nose for 3 times over, then you can bet CAL mgt wants to take it from you. I've seen too many guys like you at CAL. You're the ones who take it the hardest when you get screwed. They'll wait til you have kids in school and close a base. Stick you on a dying fleet. Or it will come when you have a sick spouse or family memeber and you think you ought to get a break. You won't. They are laying an ambush for everyone of us. You'll be wondering why CAL pilots can't stick together and then you'll observe someone with your exact, current behavior and you'll know why we struggle.

Try to cool it a little bit. Look way down the runway...so to speak.

What are you talking about?? I have kids in school and I live in Houston. If IAH closes then CAL probably shut down too.

I really don't understand what is wrong here. I wish someone would post actual problems and examples, then maybe I can respond.

Until then, I think most of you would complain no matter what airline you would work for.

Um, I tried to tell you guys that CAL pretty much sucks. I actually got hired and turned the place down after reviewing their contract, if you can call it a contract LOL :)

Oh well, some people never learn. hehe LOL

CAL is never going to get better unless all the union leaders stop trying to get a job in management. LOL

Either you are lying about being hired at CAL or you are foolish. Why would you would turn down a major with the long term potential for a better contract down the road to stay at a regional only flying E-145's and at one point in 2008 your XJT looked at being dissolved all together?

What are you talking about?? I have kids in school and I live in Houston. If IAH closes then CAL probably shut down too.

I really don't understand what is wrong here. I wish someone would post actual problems and examples, then maybe I can respond.

Maybe just temper your dialog a bit. I will admit that when I lived in base and flew with the same pilots you are now I started to feel the same way. It's not a healthy thing.

You've broke out as an FO. You probably aren't going to get burned there. You've got a few more milestones to pass and that's where you want to watch out. I'm not saying this to pi$$ in your cereal. I care about your upgrade/expectations/livlihood as well as all CAL pilots. You should care more about everyone's as well. You are currently flying with pilots who care about NO ONE but themselves. It ain't healthy!!

Maybe just temper your dialog a bit. I will admit that when I lived in base and flew with the same pilots you are now I started to feel the same way. It's not a healthy thing.

You've broke out as an FO. You probably aren't going to get burned there. You've got a few more milestones to pass and that's where you want to watch out. I'm not saying this to pi$$ in your cereal. I care about your upgrade/expectations/livlihood as well as all CAL pilots. You should care more about everyone's as well. You are currently flying with pilots who care about NO ONE but themselves. It ain't healthy!!

Uhh...what?

Latest resources

Back