• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Management Proposal, Delta's Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Having a new contract improves both QOL and pay simultaneously and there should be no confusion here. You goal to be conpensated appropriately for your service is inclusively balanced with that of supporting quality of life concerns.

Don't repeat the mistakes made by UALMEC. 1437 pilots can provide you testimomials on the surrender of scope but if you really wanted 70 seaters, then it should be DIRECTLY tied to CAL mainline growth in the widebody fleet. 2 (70) seaters = (1) 777-300ER PERIOD

Thats how every group fails, that is called giving up scope.....

OK, everyone I am a Rep and I want to say the following:

Take a deep breath and relax.

There is nothing to vote on, this isn't a T/A it's merely the company's first counterproposal. We have an awful long way to go in this negotiating process before we are even close to a contract T/A.

Our MEC is unified and will not vote yes on any T/A to send on to the pilots that doesn't meet our required four cornerstones. Scope/Job Security, Pay, Retirement and Work Rules/Quality of life. In my opinion this proposal falls significantly short of our contractual goals.

The company's latest actions indicating some form of urgency tells me that we hold an awful lot of leverage with regards to preventing the implementation of the Joint Venture A++ agreement that is required to be implemented by years end. They need something from us and all I can say, hey Jeff, the clocks ticking!

Very well said....No on anything with scope relief!!

The DAL contract, while a little better post merger, is still a bankruptcy contract thats been modified. Dont fall for their games! Our contract + 1 isnt even close to what ya'lls initial proposal was. Fight strong and do not except a modified post bankruptcy contract.

NEVER SELL SCOPE! WITHOUT IT THE REST OF YOUR CONTRACT IS WORTHLESS!

Why would they EXCEPT any contract? I thought contracts were to be enforced.... Damn-you are a moron!

-What a Looser!

Motch, step away from the computer. Go clear your head. NO SCOPE RELIEF. Period. If CAL Mgmt wants any jet larger than 50 seats, they can buy them and have CAL pilots at the controls... at industry-leading rates!!! Any other discussion is futile.

Everyone else, relax. This is the first shot fired in a long battle to come. This joke of a counter-proposal wouldn't even get 1% of the votes. Do your part to email your reps, voice your disgust, and let Capt Miller know you're ready to do whatever it takes. Translation, expect to get released by the NMB, and SPSC strategies to get exercised, if CAL mgmt doesn't wake up and smell the coffee by December. Get your financial houses in order NOW. The belt tightening should've started yesterday.

They cannot and will not break us. We are now more unified than ever... and, thankfully, our MEC is now more formidable than mgmt could have ever anticipated.

Last edited:
Motch, step away from the computer. Go clear your head. NO SCOPE RELIEF. Period. If CAL Mgmt wants any jet larger than 50 seats, they can buy them and have CAL pilots at the controls... at industry-leading rates!!! Any other discussion is futile.

Everyone else, relax. This is the first shot fired in a long battle to come. This joke of a counter-proposal wouldn't even get 1% of the votes. Do your part to email your reps, voice your disgust, and let Capt Miller know you're ready to do whatever it takes. Translation, expect to get released by the NMB, and SPSC strategies to get exercised, if CAL mgmt doesn't wake up and smell the coffee by December. Get your financial houses in order NOW. The belt tightening should've started yesterday.

They cannot and will not break us. We are now more unified than ever... and, thankfully, our MEC is now more formidable than mgmt could have ever anticipated.

This is YOUR time to shine. You have leverage over your management, who obviously want to merge with UAL. Protect scope, gain large pay raises, and get some better work rules. Also, include insurance for newhires for god sake. What you guys do will also help the rest of us when it comes to contract time.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
This is YOUR time to shine. You have leverage over your management, who obviously want to merge with UAL. Protect scope, gain large pay raises, and get some better work rules. Also, include insurance for newhires for god sake. What you guys do will also help the rest of us when it comes to contract time.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Of course we can thank the DAL 1992 MEC for starting the RJ problem to begin with right General?? Of course we can.

Of course we can thank the DAL 1992 MEC for starting the RJ problem to begin with right General?? Of course we can.

Sure you can, and then blame the BK judge for making it worse. You sound really bitter. You need some Exlax and a beer.

Bye Bye---General Lee

and all I can say, hey Jeff, the clocks ticking!

All I can say is, "Hey Jeff.... that screeching sound you are about to hear is the sound of your airline grinding to a halt." I cannot wait to see his condescending little smirk knocked right off his face.

Any proposal that allows giving up 1 inch on current scope needs to be a non-starter. I don't care if its a 200% raise! All aircraft above 50 seats, including turbo-props need to be on mainline seniority lists! Plain and simple, NO MORE OUT SOURCING!

This proposal won't even be put to a vote. It will never make it past the MEC.

Latest resources

Back