• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As I remember USAir (east) MEC also voted, in secret of course, to allow the 767 guys to fly over the contractual max while guys were on furlough. Their reasoning (from my former FO rep) " the company is pretty short on the 767....."

No sh!te the company is short. They just furloughed 1100 pilots.

As I remember USAir (east) MEC also voted, in secret of course, to allow the 767 guys to fly over the contractual max while guys were on furlough. Their reasoning (from my former FO rep) " the company is pretty short on the 767....."

No sh!te the company is short. They just furloughed 1100 pilots.

fU($L&@ ALPA

fU($L&@ ALPA

Actually I had no ill will against ALPA. It was my reps that WE elected and WE left in office that voted to screw us. ALPA national had nothing to do with it.

That is the problem with USAPA and the east folks. They blame ALPA for the actions of their reps.

Now I do have ill will towards alpa for injecting politics into the USAir/AWA seniority integration. For those actions yes, ALPA and Prater SUCK.

If we merge with UAL, I'll resign. No point in sticking around. Pretty sure most of the junior folks will walk away from the abortion called UAL.

If we merge with UAL, I'll resign. No point in sticking around. Pretty sure most of the junior folks will walk away from the abortion called UAL.

No you won't. However, it would make me VERY interested in finding another job. Quitting before I had another would not be a good idea though.

Furloughs date back to November 2007. In related news, the company is offering Voluntary Junior Manning (VJM). This is only 3 days after furloughing 148 pilots. If you are flying with one of these VJM WH0RES, educate them as much as possible. If you are unable to assist them in reevaluating their choices....you know what to do.

Been trying to "ween" myself of FI so I'm a little out of the loop, but how serious is this merger talk with UA?

Latest resources

Back