• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

CAL Furloughs

list2002

Total Time
Was hoping something would happen to prevent this. Good luck to those furloughed. I am not assigned a base as of the last standing bid so may be joining you all soon.

145BOSS

Total Time
5400+
Good luck guys. I hope you all have a better Continental to come back to when they begin recalls. And if it's not a better airline I hope that you are in a financial position to give them a big "%^&$ OFF".

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
We have some really good people running for office due for a vote on Sept 29th. If we get them in, it's off to a great start. Good luck to those getting furloughed!! I doubt it'll last more than next spring. We'll have a far better contract when you get back.

100/hour/5y

Total Time
lots
Furloughs start today and my buddy's days just got rolled for a 5day trip on the 757 EWR and line holders are still picking up opening time... WTF over

Last edited:

rumrunner300

Old and Bitter
Total Time
10K+
no merger going to happen

I would love to believe that, but I am not so sure.

Pare down the numbers, get "pre-approval" via enhanced code share agreement. Then to get the big dogs paid, pull the trigger on the new YoCal.

Again, I hope like hell that is not the case.

motch

Total Time
7700+
I would love to believe that, but I am not so sure.

Pare down the numbers, get "pre-approval" via enhanced code share agreement. Then to get the big dogs paid, pull the trigger on the new YoCal.

Again, I hope like hell that is not the case.

Thats why I'm glad that my MEC finally did one thing right and threw the JV LOA back at the company.

D&R are gone as far as I'm concerned.

Motch

1 of 27 on the bubble now.
My thoughs are on my fellow pilots who hit the street today. You will not be forgotten by me~

DCAA320

Total Time
"and line holders are still picking up opening time... WTF over"

Sounds like the C*cKSu(K&r$ at US Air who were flying 95-100 hours while I was furloughed.

Unbelievable

m80drvr

Total Time
As I remember USAir (east) MEC also voted, in secret of course, to allow the 767 guys to fly over the contractual max while guys were on furlough. Their reasoning (from my former FO rep) " the company is pretty short on the 767....."

No sh!te the company is short. They just furloughed 1100 pilots.

DCAA320

Total Time
As I remember USAir (east) MEC also voted, in secret of course, to allow the 767 guys to fly over the contractual max while guys were on furlough. Their reasoning (from my former FO rep) " the company is pretty short on the 767....."

No sh!te the company is short. They just furloughed 1100 pilots.

fU($L&@ ALPA

m80drvr

Total Time
fU($L&@ ALPA

Actually I had no ill will against ALPA. It was my reps that WE elected and WE left in office that voted to screw us. ALPA national had nothing to do with it.

That is the problem with USAPA and the east folks. They blame ALPA for the actions of their reps.

Now I do have ill will towards alpa for injecting politics into the USAir/AWA seniority integration. For those actions yes, ALPA and Prater SUCK.

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
If we merge with UAL, I'll resign. No point in sticking around. Pretty sure most of the junior folks will walk away from the abortion called UAL.

airksk

Total Time
9000+
If we merge with UAL, I'll resign. No point in sticking around. Pretty sure most of the junior folks will walk away from the abortion called UAL.

No you won't. However, it would make me VERY interested in finding another job. Quitting before I had another would not be a good idea though.

relief tube

Total Time
what hire date did it go back to?

AWACoff

Total Time
Furloughs date back to November 2007. In related news, the company is offering Voluntary Junior Manning (VJM). This is only 3 days after furloughing 148 pilots. If you are flying with one of these VJM WH0RES, educate them as much as possible. If you are unable to assist them in reevaluating their choices....you know what to do.

Torpid

Total Time
Been trying to "ween" myself of FI so I'm a little out of the loop, but how serious is this merger talk with UA?