• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL DEN and ORD bases???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wait! I can see it now. It's a pilot slowdown or it's a sick out. Mgmt. will try to blame us for their lack of planning except this time it'll be obvious they F'd up.

The company is short not by 50 pilots but by hundreds. Each 787 is 40 pilots. 6 787s is giong to be 240 and thats just the 787. The first one comes in June/July with 1 per month thereafter. 19 737s. Right now they have 2% reserve coverage at CAL. The company is way short at both UAL and CAL. It's going to get very ugly. They know the train wreck was coming and have chosen to get run over. No JCBA, way short manpower and summer is approaching...LOL, stupid idiots.

They've already staffed a lot of the 787 flying. Also, keep in mind that while 6 787's are coming, 8 (I believe) 767's are leaving. There is also an overall reduction in 737's.

I don't think you are right about the 767s. Two 200s have left. I haven't heard there were buyers for the remaining 200s.

I don't think you are right about the 767s. Two 200s have left. I haven't heard there were buyers for the remaining 200s.

5-762 retirements this year with 5-788 deliveries. From the fleet plan from yesterday's results.

The fleet plan released yesterday showed 5 767-200s leaving the fleet in 2012. 3 in the 2Q, 2 in the 4Q. That should be in addition to the two that are already gone. Parking 5 757-200s (presumably UAL's). Parking 7 737s and bringing on 7 737s. Shows gaining 5 787s. All in all, it's "even" on the CAL side and -5 on the UAL side.

I'm sure this upcoming bid will show MASSIVE movement.. :rolleyes:

FWIW, 148 70 seat "RJs" in the fleet in 2012. Count the Q400s and it goes up to 178 70+ seaters. That's a larger fleet than every UAL/CAL/Combined fleet other than the 737s. UFB

Last edited:
The fleet plan released yesterday showed 5 767-200s leaving the fleet in 2012. 3 in the 2Q, 2 in the 4Q. That should be in addition to the two that are already gone. Parking 5 757-200s (presumably UAL's). Parking 7 737s and bringing on 7 737s. Shows gaining 5 787s. All in all, it's "even" on the CAL side and -5 on the UAL side.

I'm sure this upcoming bid will show MASSIVE movement.. :rolleyes:

The CAL bid will likely reflect upcoming retirements. Once the retirements start, the training pipeline will need to be filled due to all of the training events.

Retiring 5 757s on the UAL side 'solves' several months of retirements on the UAL side. Looks like they're buying more time on the UAL side before they ramp up for retirements. They've also discontinued granting long term LOAs; they have 39 long term LOAs returning to the line before this summer which more than replaces the few retirements on the UAL side over the last year. Add in the parking of 3 757s last fall and scheduled LUAL block hours for Feb 2012 show a 4% (5K hours) decrease from Feb 2011.

Latest resources

Back