• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL cancelling CHQ flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kind of a sidetrack now, but I've found the cle rampers to be by far the best in my limited experience.

I can't remember the last time XJet weight restricted a flight to 44 causing gate agents to buy tickets off 6 people at $500 each plus hotel and meal vouchers.

I can: Two weeks ago, when I was trying to commute to STL from IAH in an LR. Face it: No matter who you are, if it has wings, two engines and 50 seats, you're going to be bumping people eventually.

No, all routes CHQ flys were previously flown by XJT aircraft. Which we can do no problem, 99% of the time with out leaving anyone behind.
Bottom line CAL gave yall flights that you are unable to do effectively. Which is CALs bonehead mistake not yalls. They should have put yall on the short flights out of IAH and CLE and this wouldn't be going on.

Exactly.

I can: Two weeks ago, when I was trying to commute to STL from IAH in an LR. Face it: No matter who you are, if it has wings, two engines and 50 seats, you're going to be bumping people eventually.

Not once they have the weight increase.....I've been flying the LR's with the weight mod for the JetBlue ops, and it is now a true 50 seater. The LR will now be a commuters best friend!

Why is CHQ leaving so many people behind on the CRJ? I have gone almost a year without bumping pax. On the usair side the ERJ145 seems to be the bird that is always load resticted.

I would like to know this also. I have flown both airplanes split almost evenly over the last almost 6 years and a weight restriction in the CRJ was a very rare occurrence. Most issues were with forward CG. Early on we carried 500 lbs of ballast all the time to fix that. Eventually the bean counters made us stop and took the 500 lbs out. So then we had to ask to FA to move one or two from the front to the middle or back.

On the Flip side, I am always having to worry about weight restrictions in the EMB. (Albeit only 2 to 3 people tops and now the LR's have a weight increase mod.) So you routinely had to "run the numbers" first before they send down to many people. Whereas in the CRJ they just sent 50 and if there ever was a problem (almost never in my case) we pulled cargo, bags or a person (probably a non-rev) after the fact.

CHQ CRJ guys, what is your Max takeoff number in the CRJ? When I started flying the CRJ in 2001 it was 51,000 but my company bought an upgrade to 53,000 and we rarely ran into weight issues. Are you limited to 51,000?

I do have to agree with the person who said the ERJ has some funky sh!t as far as a user friendly cockpit goes. It is hard to compare the two. Because the ERJ has newer and more automated things in the cockpit that make it a good lazy mans airplane. But the CRJ EICAS just makes more sense. One very minor example would be information that is advisory in nature are Status (White) or even Advisory (Green) messages in the CRJ not Caution messages with a big amber CAUTION light. Many other minor things are just done better in the CRJ. [Hydraulic elevator I miss the most (no gust lock or potential ball breaking wind gust to worry about)] However the ERJ has a few really nice things that the CRJ 200 does not. The 700/900 I hear are a different story.

Last edited:
I would like to know this also. I have flown both airplanes split almost evenly over the last almost 6 years and a weight restriction in the CRJ was a very rare occurrence. Most issues were with forward CG. Early on we carried 500 lbs of ballast all the time to fix that. Eventually the bean counters made us stop and took the 500 lbs out. So then we had to ask to FA to move one or two from the front to the middle or back.

On the Flip side, I am always having to worry about weight restrictions in the EMB. (Albeit only 2 to 3 people tops and now the LR's have a weight increase mod.) So you routinely had to "run the numbers" first before they send down to many people. Whereas in the CRJ they just sent 50 and if there ever was a problem (almost never in my case) we pulled cargo, bags or a person (probably a non-rev) after the fact.

Possibly it has to do with the perfomance data vendor or DX software?

I remember when we started doing ORD to COS. For some reason, we would run into problems, but AWAC rarely had the same problem becasue their perfomance data was different.

What is the 145LR weight Mod exactly? Increasing MRW, MTOW, MLW, MZFW, or does it reduce the BOW (cant think how) weight somehow?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back