• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL cancelling CHQ flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is true. Great company. great contract, great pilot group..... But, can you honestly say that your company is stable? If you think about it, you probably can't.

There are millions of theories out there about the future of ExpressJet. With CO deciding not to have all of their express rj "eggs" in one basket. With this new branded flying venture you guys are starting up... The possibilities for success and failure are endless.

I truly wish you guys the best with the branded flying, but I am worried about the repercussions you will face if successful. What happens when you guys are kicking so much ass that people pick your airline to ride on instead of continental? What do you think continental will do when this happens? I have heard that there is a "no competition" clause in the deal between CO and ExpressJet... but how is it that your branded flying is going to be doing a COS turn out of IAH, when CHQ is doing it under Continental Express? If you guys loose most or all of your CoEx flying, there probably won't be an ExpressJet to work for. One theory.....food for thought.

My point is, there is no such thing as a stable regional. Remember when Comair was viewed as one of the best regionals to work for? Now they are swirling down the toilet. Our views and financial statements change dramatically every quarter. Who the hell knows where your company, or my company, or their company will be in ten years. Every regional is therefore, in my opinion, crappy.

Okay stupid...listen please! Xjt is not going to fly into iah, ewr, or cle on its branded flying. if xjt could they would have gotten the midwestern thing. The co cpa is holding down the xjt ops because of no competion clause. okay? did we get that? xjt will not fly to those destinations, cal is still 75% of its revenue....

Okay stupid...listen please! Xjt is not going to fly into iah, ewr, or cle on its branded flying. if xjt could they would have gotten the midwestern thing. The co cpa is holding down the xjt ops because of no competion clause. okay? did we get that? xjt will not fly to those destinations, cal is still 75% of its revenue....

I could be wrong, and probably am, so everybody be easy.

But according to the CPA, when (not if) CAL pulls another 25%, doesn't the no compete and most favored nation clause with CAL go away?

You got to be kidding, your pilots at chq are cool, but your management is a bunch of jacka..es. They cant even paint the planes was in iah today, untied colored erj and two white erjs with blue tails. If i was kellner I would be pissed that chq brings a united paint job to do a cal flight, what a bunch of bulls.it... Yea chq is great product right

Sir, I don't work for Chq...this is just my take on the situation. CHQ management is actually smart for doing that...that way they can utilize one aircraft for multiple mechanicals...i.e., it can be used for a ual flight, or an aa connection flight. It's all about making money. XJet is a good company, but so is CHQ.

And for the record, CHQ winning the rest of the flying is a possibility; let's not dismiss that.

XJet would have gotten the midwestern "thing".
What makes you think Xjet would have gotten it over Air Cheese, or anybody else for that matter?

XJet is a good company, but some of you need to get your ego in check. We all work for the regionals; you are no better than anyone of us.

BTW, if we want to gloat egos maybe I will a little too. For your information, sir, the only reason XJet is doing the Delta flying out of LAX is because SkyWest has a no competition clause with UAL. This clause states that SkyWest cannot fly for a another company out of the same hub.

...fire away

refusing to pick up open time,
You actually have a clause the requires you to pick up open time? I can see refusing a JR or forced overtime being a "job action," but OT is just that, Open Time...

I would tend to think that there would be more pressure to brought to bear on crews who DO pick up open time, green slips, etc if the CO has people on the street or crying "staffing" issues.

Oh well...

If your with ASA you have your share of W/B problems too.
I remember when the ASA -120's from ATL-EVV had to have pink-tag bags count "10lbs" so they could "make the numbers." They were the only ones who got away with that.

I could be wrong, and probably am, so everybody be easy.

But according to the CPA, when (not if) CAL pulls another 25%, doesn't the no compete and most favored nation clause with CAL go away?

From what I understand thats the truth.

Latest resources

Back