Bye Bye Woerthless

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What did this guy do before now? Has he just been a pilot? THEBEST

From 2002 to 2004 he was CALALPA (both CAL and XJT) MEC chairman. Prior to that he was MEC vice-chair and before that IACP vice-president.

Most recently he has been EWR LEC 170 captain rep and the NC chairman.

Hired by Continental in January 1978, he flew as a B727 Second Officer and First Officer in Houston, Denver and the Air Micronesia Pacific operation. Following Lorenzo’s takeover of Continental he served as the ALPA Guam S/O Rep until furloughed in May 1983. While furloughed, he attended the University of Chengchi in Taipei continuing MBA studies begun at Arizona State and University of Guam.

Recalled to Continental he returned to flying from Houston 23 days before CAL Bankruptcy I. Seven days later the MEC voted to strike and Prater was appointed by the MEC to set up nation wide picketing. John was elected as the MEC Secretary Treasurer a few months into the strike. He was appointed by President Duffy as the Association’s AFL-CIO Labor Coordinator to develop union support in the fight against Lorenzo and lobby for a change to bankruptcy laws. While new bankruptcy laws were passed, Continental was exempted and the strike continued.

In 1984, Captain Prater accepted a part time job along with 78 other CAL strikers as instructors at the United Denver Training Center. Many of the United 570 were trained and introduced to ALPA and the need for strikes by Continental pilots. When United pilots struck, Prater along with the other CAL pilots honored their strike and were subsequently fired by United. Captain Prater has been quoted many times that “while ALPA’s bank account may have been nearly depleted, 1985 was a high water mark for ALPA Unity and Strength”. Following the United strike, ALPA membership support for the Continental strike became stronger than ever.

1n 1985 during the strike, Prater was elected as S/O Rep for Houston. The CAL strike ended on Halloween 1985 in a Biloxi bankruptcy court. Following a year as the Director of Training for upstart McClain Air, in 1986 he returned to Continental in seniority order with ALPA no longer their Union.

Ok, he's a pilot and played around with alpa. I'd don't see how he's any different then the past folks! When the last guy came in everyone was happy. But then you realize that a union really doesn't help when the ******************** its the fan. Oh well, here's to lowering the bar even more.........THEBEST

We can give Prater the benefit of the doubt.

At least he didn't come from that incestuous line of hogs sucking from the tit of the mother piggy in Herndon.

Until now, the President has ascended to the position by shining shoes in Herndon for a decade or so. Prater is an "outsider".

I'd imagine Rez is calling Prater to congratulate him on his victory and hopes he can continue to serve ALPA and its pilots in the new administration. ;) TC

P.S.--Hopefully, Rez will be looking for real estate in whatever domicile he's "based" with whatever airline he's employed by. :D Jus' kiddin' Rez...

Ok, he's a pilot and played around with alpa. I'd don't see how he's any different then the past folks! When the last guy came in everyone was happy. But then you realize that a union really doesn't help when the ******************** its the fan. Oh well, here's to lowering the bar even more.........THEBEST

Sounds like he has BALLS!!

You do alot of talking, but I wonder what your story is - have you been kicked around like this guy and still stuck it out, to rise to the top position in your union??
If you have a better story, or been furloughed and bounced back, let's hear it!

If so, good for you. If not, stop talking out your ________.

No, Duane will go straight to work for Eclat consulting, working against pilots and for management just like Babbit.

I seriously doubt that. I expect Captain Woerth will probably enter lobbying work, but that's just an educated guess. I would be very surprised if he followed in the footsteps of Babbit.

How does the election for ALPA president work? Do all ALPA members vote or does only the BOD do the actual voting, supposedly representing their members?

Sounds like he has BALLS!!

You do alot of talking, but I wonder what your story is - have you been kicked around like this guy and still stuck it out, to rise to the top position in your union??
If you have a better story, or been furloughed and bounced back, let's hear it!

If so, good for you. If not, stop talking out your ________.
It's all about the politics. alpa is just a business. If there where no politics involved and alpo was really out to help the pilots, it might be a good thing....but that's not the story.
Holding your 2% hostage while they ride the hog and everyone else laughs!
You want to know what is going to happen. Things are starting to recover from 911. Pay will go up, QOL, bene's etc. Look at the stockmarket. The good wave is coming, you can't stop it...and don't give alpa any credit for it! They have nothing to do with it...............THEBEST!
You want to know my story....why?

Does the new guy have a mustache? It seems that it's a requirement to be an executive officer in ALPA.

That's just a "flavor saver" so Woerthless will remember which politician's a$$ he was kissing last night... TC

Latest resources

Back