• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buying A Real 4-Seater

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 182 is greates straight leg single engine piston ever built!!!(and no I am not forgetting about the Cirrus)

The Piper Dakota is a good true 4 seat aircraft. It will perform as well if not better than a 182, but has less leg room for the back seat passengers and only one door. I have owned or operated both and like both. The 0-540 in the Dakota has a longer TBO than the 0-470 in the 182 and will usually go well beyond the 2,000 hour TBO. It depends on which aircraft you like best.

HEADWIND

Grumman Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShyFlyGuy said:
I've got a client who is looking for a "real 4-seater" for a low price. Cost of operating is a factor, as it is always. Off the top of my head, I suggested the 182RG and the Twin-Comanchee, but he's a student pilot and the twin is not extremely feasable right now. What comes to mind to you's folks?
One of the rarest things in aviation is an airplane where you can legally carry full fuel and still fill all of the passenger seats with with an equal number of full-size people and it doesn't matter how big of an airplane you're talking about either. In the real world, when it comes to fixed-gear affordable airplanes, there are only three that come to mind - the Cessna 182; the Piper Cherokee 235; and the classic Stinson 108-3 Station Wagon.

'Sled

Ditto

FlyFastLiveSlow said:
Grumman Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No reason you can't have fun too!

Pa-28-236

Piper Dakota PA28-236

Awesome single engine airplane. 4 adults, baggage, full fuel no problem. Low maintenance costs. Burns about 11-13 gph.
Let me know if you need more info.

Yeah, but what is the max gross weight?

texflyguy said:
well i flew a 172 180 horsepower conversion today and it was booking we were doing something like 130 knots true (i know all these turbine and high performance single people are laughing at me for thinking 130 knots true is bookin) but yea if you can get the 172 180HP conversion its almost a 182 =)

Is it still 2400 lbs?

Cherokee 6 - 300hp would be a good choice

Vector4fun said:
Fixed gear Skylane, or a 260 hp Cherokee 6 if he really needs some room for bags. The step up to a Seneca/Lance/Saratoga from a Cherokee 6 is pretty easy if he decides to do that later.

the 300 hp Cherokee 6 would be the better choice out of the above. Fixed gear, less MX costs and room to grow.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back