• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buffett Bites Back at NetJets Pilot Complaints

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry Hans, wrong guess. Would you like to go for Double Jeopardy where the scores can really change?
Come on man. Everyone knows. Please do be careful. I like you, believe you are a good person, and would hate to see what happened to Twinkie to happen to you.

Last edited:
You just keep beating that drum, don't you? I gave you a very lengthy response earlier, which you summed up by saying don't tell me about the company's problems or the economy.

Since that didn't work, lets try a different tack:

Please tell me why you think you are worth the same as a 777 or 747 pilot?

Because that's what I'm seeing when I look at the Delta payscales -http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/legacy/delta_air_lines

If you don't like that answer, then let me try another one - why did you choose to come to NetJets, knowing what the payscales were like and that they were not comparable to the airlines?

And please don't tell me you planned on changing them after you got here - that just sounds like those fools who move into a house next to the airport and then complain about the noise.
Wrong. You gave me a lengthy excuse of what the company is challenged with.

I'm asking SPECIFICALLY why I'm worth 60% of a Delta pilot. EXACTLY WHY should I be happy taking a lower salary for more work? Why I chose to come to NetJets is not anyone's business but my own.

If NJA requires a hat, I will start my own picket line and coerce Diesel into honoring it. :)

Unlike you I would actually honor a picket line.

I'm asking SPECIFICALLY why I'm worth 60% of a Delta pilot. EXACTLY WHY should I be happy taking a lower salary for more work? Why I chose to come to NetJets is not anyone's business but my own.

there is no good way to answer that question, since, yes, most skills are the same, but the businesses are different. Ultimately, the market for pilots determines your worth.

Now for you, how much value to you put in not having to commute? How much value is there for you in keeping hotel points and airline miles? How much do you value the "perks" of working for NJ?

'there is no good way to answer that question, since, yes, most skills are the same, but the businesses are different. Ultimately, the market for pilots determines your worth.'

Sculley, I agree that pilot market will drive wages but at the end of the day a pilot's worth is what a company/person is willing to pay the pilot. I joked w- my boss that I'm worth a cool half mil....but he didn't agree.

Now for you, how much value to you put in not having to commute? It has been my experience that a NetJets pilot commutes to and from their airplane. Is it positive space, yes. Is it time on the company clock, yes. Is it on my schedule, no. On go home day I am always spending time waiting on schedueling's plan. At the airline I was on my own. This is a toss-up to me. How much value is there for you in keeping hotel points and airline miles? The time of counting hotel, airline and credit card points as a benefit has come and gone. When I was a new hire about 100,000 Hilton points got you a week in Kona. Lately I have seen one night in the Hampton Inn go for 75,000 points. The credit card Points at one time were a good deal. Not so much now. Increase my compensation to the legacy airline and you can keep the points.How much do you value the "perks" of working for NJ?
If you like constantly looking over your shoulder wondering if the decision you made (the right, legal and ethical decision) is going to get you a carpet dance then NetJets has a lot of perks for you to enjoy. This is now just a job with a paycheck, nothing more.

At one time NetJets made you feel like you were making a difference. That time has come and gone. You are now a number, that is it. If I am going to spend the rest of my career as a number I want the compensation of a legacy pilot. Anything less and I walk.

Not all legacy pilots commute. Right now the movement is so quick. I commuted for three whole trips. I now drive into work thirty minutes from the house.

there is no good way to answer that question, since, yes, most skills are the same, but the businesses are different. Ultimately, the market for pilots determines your worth.

Now for you, how much value to you put in not having to commute? How much value is there for you in keeping hotel points and airline miles? How much do you value the "perks" of working for NJ?

Zero.

I'll commute or move for SWA +1%. Buy my own hotels and airlines

How much value does the company put on not having to airline everyone or ferry planes to and from CMH?

You obviously came here knowing what the payscales were like, so Why? Why did you come here in the first place, and why do you stay? Sounds like you've already accepted 60% of the Delta rate - Why? And why do you keep taking it for every paycheck?

If you don't care to share why you agreed to sell yourself short in the first place, then why do you keep harping about it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I think you guys are worth more than you are currently getting, especially with the degraded QOL. I also don't think you'll get mainline airline pay. I think its great that you go for it, but if it doesn't happen what are you going to do?

Latest resources

Back