• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BREAKING NEWS about UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where is ANDY to tell me not to worry because oil will come crashing down? I need some positive vibes.

You're looking for a ray of sunshine from ME? Maybe you've misinterpreted most of my posts as to where I see things going. I see a deflationary depression in our future. (A depression is defined as a decrease during the contractionary period of greater than 10%). It won't be a 'Grapes of Wrath' event, but it isn't going to be the mild 1 or 2 quarter recession that we've seen over the last 30 years.
Yes, I anticipate oil prices to drop. But that's due to demand destruction. Demand destruction isn't exactly conducive to economic activity.
I've been anticipating being furloughed for quite a while now (I figure my number's up shortly after Christmas), and I expect furloughs to occur at just about every airline.

If I'm the one you're looking for positive vibes from, I'd hate to think of the armageddon scenario that you envision.

And SWA will replace as many of those seats as humanely possible.

These are not capacity cuts, it is a transfer of flying.

If capacity cuts are whats needed then we are all screwed, sans SWA.

And to do that they'll need to upsize their capacity quickly. And the fastest way to do so is to buy either Alaska or Air Tran...or both.

I didn't start this thread. Somebody wanted his source. This is what I found and coincided to what he posted originally. I never said it was true. Planebuzz also said we were close to purchasing ATA assets, which turned out to be bogus. But Holly Hegeman does seem to have a pretty good grasp of the industry. Ask HER for HER sources. If you don't want rumors, stay away aviation boards, that's all you're gonna find here.

I've got a lot of friends at United and wish all of them the best.

Yeah, yeah, contrail, we must all bow down and lick your mighty mastadon, airbus flying dong. And I'm not your son... Maybe the guy got axed, or maybe his IOE got delayed till the fall, or maybe the story is all wrong.

Here's some more rumor from her site:

Updates on All Things United Airlines

From one of our readers this morning:
"Here is what I am hearing on the United front:

1. Culling the B737 fleet (94 airplanes) by Fall 2009.

2. Selling off 7 B747s by Fall 2008.

3. 25 percent staff cuts by Fall 2008.

4. Death to TED (quickly but painfully).

5. John Tague becomes the de facto President. (Hopefully after some quick-but-intense "Grooming by Glenn").

6. Massive reorganization - "all the
wrong people are being promoted."

Are you hearing similar rumblings?"
Yes. And more.

In fact, the Tague comment is especially interesting, as after the US Airways/United deal fell apart, we were told by several folks close to the deal that one of the big reasons was because John Tague wanted to become CEO of United, USTed, or whatever the merged airline would have been called.

So this dovetails with those comments.

We've also had a slew of other comments from readers this morning telling us that the entire United Boeing 737 fleet will be parked. So this seems to coincide with our reader's comments above as well.

So it looks like instead of parking 70 aircraft, the total number of aircraft parked at United Airlines may be over 100.

Yeah, yeah, contrail, we must all bow down and lick your mighty mastadon, airbus flying dong. And I'm not your son... Maybe the guy got axed, or maybe his IOE got delayed till the fall, or maybe the story is all wrong.

Go back to the regional boards.....and read some more checklists.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back