BREAKING NEWS about UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So was Pan Am 35 years ago.

You're quite right about the above statement, but I'm wondering if Pan Am Sh!t on thousands of qualified applicants during the hiring process, while hiring some of the most incompetent dou che bags in aviation because of their skin color or the size of the VA J J. How many PFO's does united have?

So was it United turning their backs on US Airways or the other way around?
Gup
Think about it: first it was to be United and Continental. What happened? Continental pulled out. Then it was to be United and USAir. Who has been stating since emergence from bankruptcy that it's his intent to merge? Tilton has no business plan other than to merge. The official rumor is that the deal fell apart mostly over the ego/power struggle over who'd run the combined company. I'm no fan of Parker but one can easily see at least he intends to run an airline.

Sad, really...it was the Taj Mahal of airline jobs 10 years gao...

I remember being at a job fair back about 12 years ago. The night before the job fair there was a little shin dig for all the airline reps and you should have seen the line to kiss Kru's butt....

.....you better believe I would have been standing in it if I thought I could have gotten a job there. That and the fact that I wasn't supposed to be there anyway.

anyway, you're right, it is sad what has happened to UAL and everyone else at this point. Where is ANDY to tell me not to worry because oil will come crashing down? I need some positive vibes.

None the less it sucks. I'm no UAL fan, never have been but at the end of the day it's dad's, husbands and friends of mine driving those jets counting on those paychecks.

Good luck you guys. I hope this is only rumor.

Gup

None the less it sucks. I'm no UAL fan, never have been but at the end of the day it's dad's, husbands and friends of mine driving those jets counting on those paychecks.

Good luck you guys. I hope this is only rumor.

Gup

Gup....

You are absolutely right about that and believe me when I tell you that I understand. Been furloughed enough times that I don't wish it on my worst enemy. Good luck to you United folks.... he l l ... good luck to us all in this industry.....

Just a question for the UAL guys and gals. Is there already UAL people on the street? What is the most junior DOH on the property? Sorta worried about some friends there.

There's still no official news about this. Just a rumor on some website from a supposed "source." Could still be complete BS.

Yeah people are already hitting the street. Know of a new hire that had just finished training, was heading out to SFO and was furloughed. Has 3 kids and 2 mortgages.....

Ouch!

Sounds like Airbus crews could be hit first if TED shuts down. I thought I heard the 737-500s were targeted for departure? Unfortunately not too surprising given UAL's inability to find a dance partner and Tilton's lack of leadership.

Good luck to all involved!

Think. They would reconfigure them to have first class back in them.

Latest resources

Back