• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BREAKING NEWS about UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah people are already hitting the street. Know of a new hire that had just finished training, was heading out to SFO and was furloughed. Has 3 kids and 2 mortgages.....

Doesn't sound right to me. Friend of mine just finished training and is doing IOE right now. No news of furlough for him yet.

Yeah people are already hitting the street. Know of a new hire that had just finished training, was heading out to SFO and was furloughed. Has 3 kids and 2 mortgages.....

I am curious, since UAL has not furloughed anyone...yet...and no letters have been sent out...HOW DID YOUR FRIEND GET FURLOUGHED?? Please post things that are legit.

Source is Planebuzz.com....

United Airlines To Park Up to 70 Aircraft, Behead Ted, and Announce Headquarters' Layoffs

Our informed sources tell us this afternoon (hey, I'm on Pacific time) that we should hear more details Tuesday on United's plans to contract.
On the cutting board (and I know this is going to upset Cranky Flier immeasurably) will be Theodore, better known as yet another tried and then discarded airline within an airline adventure. Yes, you all know the adventure as "Ted."
Secondly, we're told that the airline will announce the grounding of at least 70 aircraft.
Layoffs? Did someone say layoffs? (A nod to Coach Jim Mora there...)
Yes. We're hearing at least 1500 folks are going to be on the short end of pink slips at UAUA headquarters.

Tell us your source????? I see you work for SWA...I am sure they have a inside track to United...not!....maybe to Greyhound! since that is your competition!

I may be confused on his status, but anyone who knows J.Q. (ex-PDT) better than I do, can help clarify what happened to him.

United Airlines To Park Up to 70 Aircraft, Behead Ted, and Announce Headquarters' Layoffs

More details Tuesday................:(

We better see some proof today. Otherwise, you just created a lot of anxiety for many people.

Wow, unsubstantiated rumors on flightinfo that create worry and anxiety. That's never happened before.

Latest resources

Back