breaking into the corparate market?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
where is the original poster? this was pure flame and we all bought it

You've got to love FI for wasting time and arguing about nothing with a bunch of people who really don't care anyway... The interwebs is a beautiful thing, ain't it?

Any 121 driver can pass a checkride at Flight Safety but I dont think the same thing can be said about alot of corporate guys transitioning to 121. If we are talking about who has the most challenging job..............try flying a metro, single pilot in the northeast, winter, no autopilot..........nuf said.................

really, so my FAR 135 single pilot checkrides in a Citation don't count.

I'm gonna go ahead and finish this thread off:

We are all so unbelievably awesome...in our own eyes.

amazing how may furloughed-from-the-major guys are "ready to come back to their roots" in Corporate Aviation

once they get recalled, or the next job comes along, see ya. Roots? See ya

All about me baby, all about me

Come on, satpak, we've both been on this board and in this business long enough to know there's a huge disparity on the QOL scale in corporate departments (and now in the airlines). You expect someone to pass up a better situation regardless of whether it's corporate or airline (or crop dusting for that matter...)? Anyone here willing to pass on a F900 job with a schedule and Stanton pay to stay at a Hawker job with no schedule and "regional based pay"? Why is that different than someone leaving corporate for the airlines?

Why are there no negative comments about corporate pilots who went to the airlines then returned to corporate? They're out there--there's at least one on this board. I sure don't hold it against him.

"...all about me." Yes, it is. Because I've never had anyone else looking out for my interests. There is no shortage of people in corporate aviation willing to stick a knife in your back to improve their positon. At least in the airline world, you know who's out to screw you--management and your union.

Once again, someone's trying to pound a square peg into the round hole.

I'll be the first to agree with G200's comment about airline pilots and customer service. I tried hard to avoid that attitude. (BUT, a couple of the biggest slackers I've ever met were in a 91 department. You just never know.)

In aviation, you find out fairly quickly who you can trust with a job recommendation (or to do the job) and who you can't trust in any situation. Trying to draw a line between the segments of the industry in that respect is a mistake.

TC

P.S.--Happy Thanksgiving All! :D

Last edited:
Actually, one of the best gigs I've seen is a guy that comes up to the midwest to crop dust for a month or two a year and makes $100k+/yr. Bottom line is; are you happy with your job?

It's all in the work ethic and professionalism.:beer:

Ding Ding Ding, best reply of the thread.

No connections or internal recs here, it was my professionalism, work ethic and attitude that got me here.

Any 121 driver can pass a checkride at Flight Safety but I dont think the same thing can be said about alot of corporate guys transitioning to 121. ..
Well I have passed both without issue and I'm a lousy pilot.

Both types of flying present thier own challenges, 121 flying seemed easier only because the leg work was done for me. Corporate is easy now only because I work 200 hours a year.

What ever happened to the "chief pilot" that started this thread?

I have all bases covered, so my phone should be ringing off the hook. I am a two time furloughed 121 guy. I have a pretty fair amount of 91 corporate flying as a contract pilot. Being furloughed, I am now the chief pilot of my own private Ford Fusion. Anybody want my resume. I got extras!

Latest resources

Back