• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brakes work...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps it is a result of the Captains taking control of the airplane around 60-80 knots on the landing rollout to "taxi" it off and the resultant disconnect that occurs between what the FO thinks the Captain wants and what the Captain actually wants. I'm just sayin...

Also known as the Captain being too poor of a pilot to match up with the FO as the transfer is taking place. Not exactly that hard...

As far as using idle reverse vs. braking... you're still going for the same deccel rate. No reason to jam on the brakes on a long runway unless you've got gorilla feet and just can't do any better.

i was told to expedite off the runway once and i said "sure, but ill need a billing address to send the invoice for my new brakes" then ATC said " uh, roger, left turn when able and contact ground point 7" ..... true story, try it one day.

Please tell me you feel like a dork for telling that story, and actually saying it to the controller

i take it no one got the sarcasm.... i got the sarcasm when the next guy quoted me and said "you are the man." i don't understand why every thing is taken so seriously. this is flight info, believe nothing you hear especially when it ends with "true story"

The actual story behind what I said was when I was taking my 500 initial check ride out in scottsdale and the ATC told me to hurry off the runway and my check pilot told me to not slam on the brakes because ATC doesn't pay the MX bill. I was told that if the guy behind me is too close then it isn't any one's fault but the guy behind me and ATC for not sequencing properly.... Of course I hear of some cases in ATL with one carrier that likes to roll out to the end of the runway making every one go around. So, life is all about the happy medium.

Whether or not separation is someone else's problem, ATC figures out who "plays ball." The cost of new brakes is probably less than a couple of go-arounds or extra vectoring because they know YOU and YOUR company need the extra space.

i take it no one got the sarcasm.... i got the sarcasm when the next guy quoted me and said "you are the man." i don't understand why every thing is taken so seriously. this is flight info, believe nothing you hear especially when it ends with "true story"

The actual story behind what I said was when I was taking my 500 initial check ride out in scottsdale and the ATC told me to hurry off the runway and my check pilot told me to not slam on the brakes because ATC doesn't pay the MX bill. I was told that if the guy behind me is too close then it isn't any one's fault but the guy behind me and ATC for not sequencing properly.... Of course I hear of some cases in ATL with one carrier that likes to roll out to the end of the runway making every one go around. So, life is all about the happy medium.

Your check pilot is an idiot. Follow what ATC tells you they don't pay you enough to worry about break costs. I can't stand those pilots that look after the company I want to punch them in the face.

Last edited:
sayrejm said:
The actual story behind what I said was when I was taking my 500 initial check ride out in scottsdale and the ATC told me to hurry off the runway and my check pilot told me to not slam on the brakes because ATC doesn't pay the MX bill

Mitch?

Your check pilot is an idiot. Follow what ATC tells you they don't pay you enough to worry about break costs. I can't stand those pilots that look after the company I want to punch them in the face.

We can always count on you. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Latest resources

Back