• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brakes work...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a passenger... I always thought it was fun when they land hard and slam on the brakes... :-D seriously.

Yay for 3 pages!

Floating, floating, floating until you grease the landing with the power still on the engines... then SLAM ON THE BRAKES!

I've never understood how someone can care so much about a landing and so little afterwards.

why has this thread gone on for so long?

yeah you are right somebody needs to slam on the brakes and break this idiotic thread........

Almost forgot MESA SUCKS as does the braking on most rj flights...:puke:

I was coming in on a DL 767-4 the other day into ATL. There was no long out flare or anything, and from the look of it, we were easily in the touchdown zone. For whatever reason the brakes were stomped on and we turned off at a high speed. Being 5:30AM-ish, it wasn't a busy time at the airport. In the process of the heavy braking, a galley cart and some other stuff came loose and flew forward and you could here the shattering of stuff breaking. Loud. Startling to some pax. And it wasn't smooth braking. It was rough and jerky.

So I ask, "what's with all the heavy braking at mainline carriers?"

Now, I'm sure there was a reason. Just like there are probably reasons why you experience "so much" heavy braking on your regional flights. Must be all the "unprofessionalism" and the lack of hats at the regional carriers.

just be happy you landed on a runway and not a taxiway.

Floating, floating, floating until you grease the landing with the power still on the engines... then SLAM ON THE BRAKES!

I've never understood how someone can care so much about a landing and so little afterwards.

I hear you Jeff....The other day a AAL 777 landing 27R floated a good 4000ft down the runway, touched down near the 14L intersection. My jaw dropped. Why he didn't go around I don't know, but they finally greased it, slammed on the brakes and almost ran off the runway. I say plant the plane in the TDZ. Nothing more worthless then runway behind you.

Latest resources

Back