• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brakes work...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i was told to expedite off the runway once and i said "sure, but ill need a billing address to send the invoice for my new brakes" then ATC said " uh, roger, left turn when able and contact ground point 7" ..... true story, try it one day.

Thanks anyway, I'd rather not...

ATC is micromanaging us to death. Left 10 degrees, right 5 degrees. Slow to 180, slow to 170, speed up to 180. Left 5 degrees. Slow to 150.........Expedite off the runway. WTF????

They're doing this to get you on your way a little sooner.

Would you prefer we're all 20 miles in trail with a 4-hour EDCT?

Yea, we have 30 mile finals anyway. Flying at 150. Then they tell me to expedite. Whatever!!!!

Just thought of an old saying from a famous old basket ball coach..... "Be quick - but don't hurry!" ~John Wooden.

when its -58 C upstairs the RJ's don't heat your feet well.. the hard braking is simply due to partial frostbite and no feeling in one's feet..

the braking will get smoother later in a month or so...........

You are missing my point. It gets very tiresome being told to expedite all the time.
ATC is micromanaging us to death. Left 10 degrees, right 5 degrees. Slow to 180, slow to 170, speed up to 180. Left 5 degrees. Slow to 150.........Expedite off the runway. WTF????
Day in and day out, it gets old.
If your that low on fuel then declare! I will be more than happy to get out of your way.

get on a bigger airplane.....
less vectors.

i was told to expedite off the runway once and i said "sure, but ill need a billing address to send the invoice for my new brakes" then ATC said " uh, roger, left turn when able and contact ground point 7" ..... true story, try it one day.

WOW!

you are the man!

What I don't understand, is after all the heavy braking, having to add power to get to the next turnoff. :confused:

Latest resources

Back