Bogus pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True Story

Speaking of pilot posers; We had this gal try to fly for us...nothing against the gal pilots. She said she had all this time and flew on the 1900 for a while. We got her in the Lance and she couldn't fly IFR to save her life. Everything she could do to keep the dirty side down. She would get lost at the top of the "T" on a GPS approach with a moving map and would blow the whole thing before she got to the FAF. Had to wash her out on the third day. Turns out she went to Gulfstream...

LOL...you busted the guy and he posted that like 8 months ago! :laugh: Now, the thread begins again. Absolutely awesome!

The only thing busted buddy is that I misspelled Miramar which at the time I was too lazy to look up the spelling. And if you were not even lazier you would have read my post and noticed I had (sp?) behind the name.

I do apologize for misspelling Miramar, I should have taken the time to correctly spell the name. :0

So, if you are insinuating that I am a bogus pilot bring it on dude! :cool:

With all of your 2,000+ hours. Shoot I have more time in reverse thrust that you do total time.

Last edited:
You all remimded me a guy I used to fly with. He told stories about being a retired goverment agent (undercover type) and flashed a badge at the counter looking for discounts at the Hotel.

Don't get me going on this one!

Whoah con...see this is the problem with the boards. You are the one who didn't "hear" what I was saying. The thread had gone dead for 8 months and a guy posts with a "bust" on you. And I was not lazy and saw your (sp) which is what made the guy's comment that much more funny. THAT is what my post stated. Nothing personal at all about you. So c'mon down off the high horse papa, I never insinuated you were bogus and don't even get me started with your time in reverse. I could give a rats a$$ about your total time. Fack, a guy in my Falcon initial had 15,000 hours and couldn't fly worth a sh!t and they sent him packing. TT don't mean a dang thing.

Nor did I, pilotpat just pointed out the facts, the reason I went back to the thread is that my bosses son (mentioned earlier) happen to see the post, I had to go back because I didn't remember, as a GCA controller at NKX, I just had to correct you, no disrespect to you! Blue Skies!

Flew an M-16

Related to me by a student of mine.

He had a friend that was rich and a player. He was hitting on a girl in a bar and told her he was a military pilot and flew an M-16. The girls father was a marine, so she knew better and told him what a jackass he was. I wonder how many times he had impressed a lady being an M-16 pilot.

We had an applicant who said he was at Andrews flying Gulfstreams for the VIP squadron and he turned out to be fraud.

Uh-oh...that got a little personal with the wee wee comment! LOL

And SayOver: Yeah, bud ~ I just thought it was funny that you came back and cracked on the guy for his spelling 8 months later. THAT was all. Kind of like a delayed reaction kind of thing. I think sometimes what we say gets so taken out of context due to the fact you cannot emulate what you type (most times). I certainly didn't mean to tick anyone off...just thought it was funny.

I'll bet your wee wee is bigger, too...

Oh my. Why does that concern you so much? :p Are you insecure in that area? :laugh:

pilotpat

And SayOver: Yeah, bud ~ I just thought it was funny that you came back and cracked on the guy for his spelling 8 months later. THAT was all. Kind of like a delayed reaction kind of thing. I think sometimes what we say gets so taken out of context due to the fact you cannot emulate what you type (most times). I certainly didn't mean to tick anyone off...just thought it was funny.

Okay, my bad. We'll just start over and I apologize again about being too bloody lazy to look up the proper spelling.

I did fly in and out of Miramar for nearly ten years about twice a month. It was a really fun place to fly into. F-14s, F-18s plus all the aircraft assigned to the "Red" or aggressor squadron flying all over the place.

On quite a few visual approaches we would have flights of 2 or 4 F-14s split formation as they were overtaking us and pass on either side of us, then rejoin for the break in front of us.

On one of our 72s we had a UHF radio that we would monitor when operating at military bases. Once at Miramar we were listening to a female controller talking to a F-14 that was doing touch and goes on the shorter parallel runway. The F-14 had passed us and apparently the controller didn't like what she saw the F-14 was doing behind us and the following conversation took place between her and the F-14.

TWR; XXX123 Do you see the 727?

XXX123; Affirmative.

TWR; Good, get back to your side and don't hit him.

That raised a few eyebrows up front. (Including mine.)

(Oh yeah, he didn't hit us.)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back