• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bogus pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I hope we are all friends again on this post.

I was TDY at Miramar way back in 1984 as an enlisted man, and well do I remember seeing the F14 squadrons doing their standard formation break over the runways to the downwind. I never tired of seeing them break left, swing wings forward, then put their gear down. Loved it everytime.

My most memorable moment while I was there was the day that I saw the first Marine Harriers (AV8-B) come to Fighter Town. I did not recognize them when they first flew overhead, and I wondered what they were. They did the standard overfly, but broke left in formation. I watched them come down final, getting slower and louder, until I realized that there was no way they were flying under wing-only power. They proceeded to drop... and slow... until they were nearly at a hover over the runway at about 50ft or so, then they dropped onto the runway and the base got quiet again. Only then did I realize what I had seen. I remember it to this day.

Doesn't it make you feel sad for the sorry sacks of Turd that have to make up stuff that we have seen or been through in real life? I have no compassion for them, yet I pity people who haven't had the courage to go out and experience life to the fullest.

My $.02

I know a goofball that told us that he had taken the military "written test" and aced it, and they told him he could come back anytime and pick whatever airplane he wanted to fly and it would be his.

Well I hope we are all friends again on this post.

Oh yeah, no problem. I was just having a bad day for some reason.

But let me tell you something, back when I started flying jets, they had wooden turbine blades, the Grand Cayon was a ditch and the Dead Sea was only sick.......................................................:p

There was a guy in my newhire class at PSA that said he has flown the F-22 as a test pilot and that he was a Major. Well, one day we all went to the airforce mesuem at Wright Pat and low and behold he spun a BS story that the F-22 that was on display there was THE one that he had flown. I didnt buy it from the start but what really gave it away was that he couldnt remember if it had the thurst vectoring or not. His name was on the plane as the pilot but I'm SURE it was just a conincidece. He was fired a week before being of probation for many things including lying about his flight time on his application.

I know a goofball that told us that he had taken the military "written test" and aced it, and they told him he could come back anytime and pick whatever airplane he wanted to fly and it would be his.

Recruiters will say anything. I had recruiter promise I could fly non-combat stuff, but I knew DOD regs didn't let the "four-eyes" fly.

I've got a guy in my night meteorology class that takes the cake. Since it's a night class alot of the students are older and are prior-service. I am talking to one guy that was a Marine, when he mentions a friend that flies/flew Apaches. All the sudden this guy behind us blurts out "I flew Apaches". I thought this is odd since this is an aviation meteorology class at a community college, but I said "oh cool, for who?". Then I noticed he was wearing an Army cap so I said "oh, for the Army?" He then said "yeah, I was a sniper".
"what?" I said.
"until I blew out my knee."
I said "oh ok", the other guy looked at me and rolled his eyes.

A few weeks later we were sitting in class when another student asked him when he was shipping out. He said he wasn't sure yet. I asked him where he was going and he said he didn't know, Iraq... Afghanistan... I asked who was sending him and he told me he was working for Dyncorp. He said he was going to be a security contractor. Then no sh*t, he said " Yep.... gonna go over there and kill people. Again..."! :O I had had enough of this crap by now so I asked what he would be doing over there specifically and he said he didn't know, they don't tell him until he gets there. So I asked where are Dyncorp's headquarters and he tells me he doesn't know, he doesn't worry about things like headquarters!!!!

The whole class was listening, so it's safe to say he's been outed. Not to mention he's about 280 lbs with coke bottle glasses and lives with his parents I found out. The Marine guy mentioned earlier told him if he is going to lie about his past, he should at least do some homework first.

Pffft...a sniper, too? You shoulda asked him what his dope would be with a 3 MPH right to left crosswind at 1000 meters...downhill.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back