• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bob Jordan not happy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm usually kinda of a jackass, I'll admit. However, in this instance I want to say seriously that I feel bad for the good pilots at AirTran who didn't ask for what is coming their way.

ALPA has once again screwed its membership. I have no doubt that many of the AirTran pilots will carry the burden of the ALPA misjudgment of their actual leverage and usefulness. SWA is about making money and taking care of their own. ALPA, and the average AirTran pilot will get the full brunt of the BORG because ALPA didn't have sense enough to be reasonable.

To the average line guy, I'd like to say I'm sorry. Your family should not have to endure the pain inflicted on you because of a failure of your union.

Fly Safe!

Define "reasonable", from the outside looking in, both sides could be argued. From what I've read it appears the SWA offer was unreasonable when it came to seniority. Good luck to both of your sides

SWA/FO and Scoreboard - you seem to take great joy in the potential for fellow pilots to be out of a job. Real nice of you guys there. Have you ever actually heard of "the golden rule"?

No joy, on my end. Just had to respond to Ty.

SWA/FO and Scoreboard - you seem to take great joy in the potential for fellow pilots to be out of a job. Real nice of you guys there. Have you ever actually heard of "the golden rule"?
No joy whatsoever, this is a tragedy that you folks have been placed in, but WE didn't put you there, and YOU need to fix it, start with your MEC, look no further.

I can't see how Fair and Equitable can be attained when one side gets a 2 million dollar gain in career earnings while the other gets nothing.

Pilots don't pay each others salary.

No matter, Southwest is on the way out and the Airtran deal is just adding fuel to the fire.

I'm usually kinda of a jackass, I'll admit. However, in this instance I want to say seriously that I feel bad for the good pilots at AirTran who didn't ask for what is coming their way.

ALPA has once again screwed its membership. I have no doubt that many of the AirTran pilots will carry the burden of the ALPA misjudgment of their actual leverage and usefulness. SWA is about making money and taking care of their own. ALPA, and the average AirTran pilot will get the full brunt of the BORG because ALPA didn't have sense enough to be reasonable.

To the average line guy, I'd like to say I'm sorry. Your family should not have to endure the pain inflicted on you because of a failure of your union.

Fly Safe!

Don't worry about us, Bill. We're buying a new car this week, that's how worried I am. ;)

This isn't over yet. Definitely a kick in the sack, but not over. I hope every AAI pilot is calling their ALPA rep.

Latest resources

Back