• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bluetruthpilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I work Tues-Thursdays the entire month of May. I have worked 3 weekends I believe in the last year. I typically have 15 hard days off a month and spend about 18-19ish nights in my own bed a month. Not to shabby for a commuter. LCR days, PRL days, REL days. All very good things, that add to my time at home and increase my QOL greatly. Automated FLICA system(huge QOL boosting tool). Training is very low stress. If you want to make more money you can choose to work more and make a lot more. If you want to spend more time at home you can choose to do that. The ability to choose how to use your PTO time. Cash it in, take a vacation, or just take the day off(for whatever reason neccesary). No actual commuter policy, which means lots of leeway. You can make some descent money as an FO, which also means more freedom to adjust your QOL as you see fit. Free bus service between Terminal 5 to Kew. Not a big deal, but it saves a lot of crew members hundreds of dollars a month. A large majority of people you work with are happy. Say what you will, but that makes a huge difference in QOL as well. I have named a few like you asked.

These are just a few things that I think are pretty nice over here that many others don't have. Yes you can all say I drink the blue juice. However these are things that we have that I know many other majors/legacy's don't have. I have a few guys in my pad who's airlines are heavily unionized and they would kill for some of the work rules that we have. Do I think that we need a CBA, yes I do. It is not for the many reasons that people complain about on this board and others, so for that reason people may say I am drinking the blue juice. So yes I will drink away, be very happy while I am at work, send in my card, and still vote yes if the opportunity presents itself.

This all being said I do realize that there are some things that need to get better, and promises that need to be delivered on. Regardless if that promise was made verbally or in writing.

This is precisely right. Dead on. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. Are we slave labor toiling away in the boiler rooms getting whips cracked on us? Hell no.

It's good to see someone that has a dose of reality. There are about 15,000 people that would LOVE to be where we are, I promise you. There is absolutely stuff wrong, and there needs to be improvements in health insurance, retirement, everything. But that doesn't justify running around, bitching and moaning like the company treats you like you were working the cotton fields in the 1800's. I find it amusing that if you claim to actually like what you do on this board, or pretty much any board for that matter, you are chastized and screamed at by sad little people who would still be finding a reason to bitch and moan if they were making $500K a year to work 6 days a month. Of course, none of them have the stones to do it in real life. Truth is, we've got a damn good gig. I am very happy and content to be at JetBlue, and realistically could live a very good life the next 30 years here.

That being said though, there is definitely room for improvement and a union is definitely needed. Management has been taking stuff away for a while now, and the bull$hit rhetoric that they spout all the time is almost laughable. They pay tons of lip service here, but don't really do much. A union will force them to.

A merger is coming, no doubt, but I honestly don't believe that a union isn't going to do us much good if DL, AA, or anybody big merges with us. They will swallow us whole and we'll be lucky to get a staple, union or no union. However, assuming there is no merger (as management claims, but I don't believe), then we need a CBA to lock in our pay, benefits, and cut through the BS lip service Barger and co. like to give us.

I want a union for the same reasons I live my life the way I do. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. We will never get QOL, insurance, and retirement improvements without a union. I believe a merger is coming, and I believe we'll be lucky to get a staple with said merger. That being said, however, I will plan for the worst. I will operate under the assumption that there is no merger coming, that B6 will be here for the next 30 years, and that I will be here for said 30 years. A CBA is required for the improvements that are needed.

Vote yes!

Indn't that special. Lemme guess? About 30 years old and just tickled to be doing what you love? Thats perfect for jetblew. Young, eager, go getters who don't even notice when the game changes. Yes, it's unfortunate that we have some aging professionals with medical bills, and college funds, and retirement woes but the new paradigm doesn't honor the promises of old and old is just NOT fabulous if you ask me.

Indn't that special. Lemme guess? About 30 years old and just tickled to be doing what you love? Thats perfect for jetblew. Young, eager, go getters who don't even notice when the game changes. Yes, it's unfortunate that we have some aging professionals with medical bills, and college funds, and retirement woes but the new paradigm doesn't honor the promises of old and old is just NOT fabulous if you ask me.

As opposed to being a miserable, crotchety 50 or 60 something old twat who has made piss poor stupid financial and life decisions and now is full of hatred and jealousy towards anybody not as miserable as him.

Go jump off a cliff. Just because you are miserable and pissed off doesn't mean everybody else should be.

I work Tues-Thursdays the entire month of May. I have worked 3 weekends I believe in the last year. I typically have 15 hard days off a month and spend about 18-19ish nights in my own bed a month. Not to shabby for a commuter. LCR days, PRL days, REL days. All very good things, that add to my time at home and increase my QOL greatly. Automated FLICA system(huge QOL boosting tool). Training is very low stress. If you want to make more money you can choose to work more and make a lot more. If you want to spend more time at home you can choose to do that. The ability to choose how to use your PTO time. Cash it in, take a vacation, or just take the day off(for whatever reason neccesary). No actual commuter policy, which means lots of leeway. You can make some descent money as an FO, which also means more freedom to adjust your QOL as you see fit. Free bus service between Terminal 5 to Kew. Not a big deal, but it saves a lot of crew members hundreds of dollars a month. A large majority of people you work with are happy. Say what you will, but that makes a huge difference in QOL as well. I have named a few like you asked.

These are just a few things that I think are pretty nice over here that many others don't have. Yes you can all say I drink the blue juice. However these are things that we have that I know many other majors/legacy's don't have. I have a few guys in my pad who's airlines are heavily unionized and they would kill for some of the work rules that we have. Do I think that we need a CBA, yes I do. It is not for the many reasons that people complain about on this board and others, so for that reason people may say I am drinking the blue juice. So yes I will drink away, be very happy while I am at work, send in my card, and still vote yes if the opportunity presents itself.

This all being said I do realize that there are some things that need to get better, and promises that need to be delivered on. Regardless if that promise was made verbally or in writing.

I hope you're still going to vote yes and keep all your 'goodies' and not have them taken away, like:

1. 78 hour trigger
2. 13:30s
3. Stock options
4. CSPP discount (it has been lowered if not eliminated)
5. A decent amount of preimum pay (RM specifically stated during the last conference call that the company wants to minimize premium pay => less $$ for you.)
6. Reasonable healthcare costs, about to get worse too
...That's just off the top of my head.

If that's not enough, think long and hard about how much fun it will be to fight and acquiring groups CBA with strong backing with our individual PEAs and a supposed $2mil fund that can be broken up and distributed to pilots if they wish. Yes, that is how it's written.

CBA please.

As opposed to being a miserable, crotchety 50 or 60 something old twat who has made piss poor stupid financial and life decisions and now is full of hatred and jealousy towards anybody not as miserable as him.

Go jump off a cliff. Just because you are miserable and pissed off doesn't mean everybody else should be.

There ya go!

"Poor financial and life decisions" everybody! That's how the "paradigm" changed.

Oh, to be young and fabulous.

There ya go!

"Poor financial and life decisions" everybody! That's how the "paradigm" changed.

Oh, to be young and fabulous.

Life is change, man.

If you haven't figured that out by now you have serious problems.

What's most amusing to me is that you actually BELIEVED what a corporate manager in America told you. Now that is funny.

Life is change, man.

If you haven't figured that out by now you have serious problems.

What's most amusing to me is that you actually BELIEVED what a corporate manager in America told you. Now that is funny.

"Life is change, man"

Age 65 is now the reality.

Deal with it, and grow up !

Latest resources

Back