• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bluetruthpilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Next thing out of his mouth will be "the insurance isn't that bad" followed by "I'm on MIL medical anyhow".

I think somebody needs a preferential interview :laugh:

Check that...

...B6 doesn't NEED a preferential interview because he has a seniority number at American and his particular bitterness is playing out in the courts and in the union drive at jetblue. TWA vs ALPA, TWA vs Jetblue Pilots

You see, he thinks it's more important to teach ALPA a lesson and if it doesn't work out for jetblue pilots, oh well, back to AA or whatever they become.

He thinks his vendetta against ALPA is different than mine against idiot pilots who fight against their own careers.

Oh, and he likes everybody to be nice.

Of course, look what "NICE" got the TWA pilots. :laugh:

This is the exact problem we have with all of the JB bashing blow hards. I read so much crap on the pilot boards from all of these people. No union this, no union that. The sky is going to explode. yada yada. Also anyone that doesn't come down to the level that these guys are on are typically bashed further, even though they are working towards the same goal. I am pro CBA, however I can get my point accross in one simple and short one minute conversation. This conversation usually leaves people agreeing that a CBA is neccesary. However so many of our pilots really need to get a grip on reality.

There are a lot of great things going on over here at JB.

If we can keep exploiting the good things while factually and maturely explaining the benefits of, and reasons for needing a CBA I believe we would be better off. The bashing and ranting isn't helping guys. Unfortunately this is proven to me by many of the things captains say to me regarding our pro union blow hards on a regular basis. I understand many of you are very frustrated, however keeping a calm head always rewards a better outcome.

Please elaborate on those "great things".

Please elaborate on those "great things".

I work Tues-Thursdays the entire month of May. I have worked 3 weekends I believe in the last year. I typically have 15 hard days off a month and spend about 18-19ish nights in my own bed a month. Not to shabby for a commuter. LCR days, PRL days, REL days. All very good things, that add to my time at home and increase my QOL greatly. Automated FLICA system(huge QOL boosting tool). Training is very low stress. If you want to make more money you can choose to work more and make a lot more. If you want to spend more time at home you can choose to do that. The ability to choose how to use your PTO time. Cash it in, take a vacation, or just take the day off(for whatever reason neccesary). No actual commuter policy, which means lots of leeway. You can make some descent money as an FO, which also means more freedom to adjust your QOL as you see fit. Free bus service between Terminal 5 to Kew. Not a big deal, but it saves a lot of crew members hundreds of dollars a month. A large majority of people you work with are happy. Say what you will, but that makes a huge difference in QOL as well. I have named a few like you asked.

These are just a few things that I think are pretty nice over here that many others don't have. Yes you can all say I drink the blue juice. However these are things that we have that I know many other majors/legacy's don't have. I have a few guys in my pad who's airlines are heavily unionized and they would kill for some of the work rules that we have. Do I think that we need a CBA, yes I do. It is not for the many reasons that people complain about on this board and others, so for that reason people may say I am drinking the blue juice. So yes I will drink away, be very happy while I am at work, send in my card, and still vote yes if the opportunity presents itself.

This all being said I do realize that there are some things that need to get better, and promises that need to be delivered on. Regardless if that promise was made verbally or in writing.

Latest resources

Back