• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

binding arbitration for Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So now we'll hear from the rjdc village idiot.

I don't really know if we can designate Joey as the RJDC village idiot. There are so many idiots in the RJDC village that that's a hard call.

Oh priceless, hey ****************************** bag, didn't asa used to be pft?

Not only that, but Joey paid for training himself! And then, years later, on the negotiating committee for ASA ALPA, he wasted the pilot group's bargaining leverage in order to secure half of his PFT money back. He's a real winner!

Look folks....737Pylt is back under his alter-ego....What did you get banned for this time 737Pylt?

Who the hell is 737pylt? I understand your nervousness though Joe. With all the cuts at the regionals, I'd be nervous too. Problem is, I don't give a wit about you, your rjdc pals, or your job.
BTW, how did you spend your $million?

All of this can be answered with one simple word: arbitration. You may not like the arbitrator's decision, but he looked at all of the contract language, all of the negotiations notes, all of the submitted legal briefs, and determined that you are wrong. It's just that simple. Such is life. You can claim that it "never should have gone to arbitration" all you want, but that's not how things work in the real world. Your PCL/CJC scope issue never should have had to go to arbitration either, but....

That's good and all, but what about management ignoring the "every 2 new FO spots, 1 must be a Eagle flowthrough" rule?

Eagle guys got hosed big time by that rule being ignored.

What's to say other rules aren't "conveniently" ignored once Delta becomes the big Delta?

That's why I still think those companies with flowthrough/flowback provisions (XJ and CP) should be at the table to talk.

Translation: I can't get out of my present job, I'm stuck, so I'll form an organization that will get me what I want through a lawsuit!

Did it occur to you that JoePilot wants to stay at his present job, as opposed to "can't get out."????

Super seniority, great schedules that come with high seniority, and pay are all big reasons to stay put.

Facing the truth, ANY RJ Captain with 12+ yrs at any regional with take a paycut with FO salary at any legacy. At some legacies, the paycut will last the ENTIRE time as a FO!

For some people, it's just not worth it.

Times have changed, and regionals are now becoming acceptable 'final homes' for pilots. Some unwillingly, but many more willingly.

I say good for JoeMerchant. I'm glad for him and the decision he made to stay put at ASA.

Looks like he's better at Air Tran than you are at ASA. With all the cuts coming at the regionals, its ok to be nervous joey!

I dunno about that, just heard a rumor that Airtran is about to furlough a pretty hefty amount.

PCL_128 is a friend, and I hope he will still be okay.

I don't see JoeMerchant losing his job anytime soon.

That's good and all, but what about management ignoring the "every 2 new FO spots, 1 must be a Eagle flowthrough" rule?

Again, the arbitrator ruled. I'm not familiar with the exact language and why the arbitrator ruled the way he did, but his word is final (unless you subscribe to USAPA's definition of "binding," anyway :rolleyes:).

Did it occur to you that JoePilot wants to stay at his present job, as opposed to "can't get out."????

That's true in a minority of cases. Many of these guys come up with that excuse after years and years of trying unsuccessfully to leave. At your company, the MEM hub is filled with these guys. But if you ask them, they'll swear up and down that they always wanted to stay. Pay no attention to the five interviews they failed.

Times have changed, and regionals are now becoming acceptable 'final homes' for pilots. Some unwillingly, but many more willingly.

I'm confident that your opinion on this will change after spending some more time at Pinnacle. Did you hear that the negotiations apparently broke down, yet again? That's the rumor.

I dunno about that, just heard a rumor that Airtran is about to furlough a pretty hefty amount.

PCL_128 is a friend, and I hope he will still be okay.

I don't see JoeMerchant losing his job anytime soon.

My job is just fine for now. My prayers go out to our pilots that are facing a furlough, however. With that being said, I have yet to hear a single one of them mention that they wish they'd stayed at their regional carrier. The difference is night and day, and there will be a job for them to come back to.

As for Joey, his job is only one RFP away from extinction, just like all regional jobs.

flow agreements work both ways, in good times they are good for all in bad times they are good for mainline. Thats just how it works. Unfortunately we have had a run of bad times in the past 10 years but the time will come when a flow works in the upward motion just as it did for some of the COEX folks at CAL before 911 hit the fan.

superpilot92 said:
flow agreements work both ways, in good times they are good for all in bad times they are good for mainline.

LOL! Even in the good times, I don't think the flowthrough was ever 'good' for Eagle.

PCL said:
Again, the arbitrator ruled. I'm not familiar with the exact language and why the arbitrator ruled the way he did, but his word is final (unless you subscribe to USAPA's definition of "binding," anyway :rolleyes:).

No, the arbitrator ruling was well afterwards, it was regarding how many AA pilots could flowback (arbitrator allowed as many flowbacks as Eagle pilots had AA numbers... so over 600 flowbacks. This, as opposed to flowback only the same number as had flow throughed... which would only have been 115 or so).

AMR simply ignored the '2-for-1' rule because AMR would incur two training cycles to get a flowthrough to AA (newhire training at AA + replacement at Eagle). Off the street, AMR incurred only one training event (newhire training at AA).

That's true in a minority of cases. Many of these guys come up with that excuse after years and years of trying unsuccessfully to leave. At your company, the MEM hub is filled with these guys. But if you ask them, they'll swear up and down that they always wanted to stay. Pay no attention to the five interviews they failed.

I can't speak much for Pinnacle, but my Eagle friends I know are all captains, and all there for 15+ years. They don't want to go anywhere else for precisely the reasons listed above.

I'm confident that your opinion on this will change after spending some more time at Pinnacle. Did you hear that the negotiations apparently broke down, yet again? That's the rumor.

Yes, I get the memos. :D Apparently, a stale-mate on PBS.

My job is just fine for now. My prayers go out to our pilots that are facing a furlough, however. With that being said, I have yet to hear a single one of them mention that they wish they'd stayed at their regional carrier. The difference is night and day, and there will be a job for them to come back to.

As for Joey, his job is only one RFP away from extinction, just like all regional jobs.

It's a tough time for anyone in aviation. Good luck to us all. Given the choice, though, *today* , I would rather be a 10yr regional captain than a newhire FO at a major. I'm not saying you're at a bad place, and I'm not saying JoeMerchant is at a bad place. All things equal, I dunno, I'd rather be up on a seniority list somewhere. True, RFPs are a threat, but they always have been. We'll have to wait and see what happens with the Delta merger to all the Airlink and Connection carriers. For now, I'll have to see what becomes of the ATL flying for 9E. Whatever THAT result is, it should say a lot for post-merger plans for Pinnacle.

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.......

AMR simply ignored the '2-for-1' rule

They ignored it because the contractual language allowed them to. It specifically allows AMR to withhold class dates from these pilots due to "operational necessity." Like I said, negotiate bad contract language, live with the results.

Latest resources

Back