• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bill Gates New Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Bill, interesting choice of color on your biz jet. Green, they say genius' pick green.

But you didn't pick the color.

satpak77 said:
to be expected

Gates is the richest man in THE WORLD, period.

Low profile is key for his safety
When I was a doorman at a fancy hotel (mid-1990's), Bill Gates used to drive in with his wife in a rented Lincoln Towncar. His nanny would follow in another Towncar with his kid strapped in the back seat. No security!!! This was a hotel frequented by President Clinton, the Dalai Lama and every other high-profile person you could imagine. They all had gobs of security. Not Bill. Always seemed kind of strange.

I've also seen Mr. and Mrs. Gates walking along the beach in Santa Barbara a few times. Again, no security.

Yes, Paul Allen has the 57's. I see these aircraft frequently at my home away from home.

Last I heard he was going to renvovating them as con-air aircraft ;)

If I remember when Gates bought his 604, some reported asked if MS would be paying for it and he replied, "No, I would not want to burden MS with this expense." So, he just wrote a check. I think if Gates bought this 767, he would not have MS buy it. I hear he is very happy with his Global. I think a 767 would be too flashy for a guy like Gates. His Global is just a couple 3 years old, and though he flies international quite a bit to give away money, I think the Global is doing the job. The only advantage to getting a 767 for him would be more cabin space and easier to get fixed Worldwide when AOG, not that Globals are MX hogs. Paul Allen on the other hand has a pair of 757 (one for his sister it is reported). He is a flashy guy and a risk taker. A rouge warrior (Richard Marcinko). Sees the big picture. We need more guys like him out there.

Last edited:
HMR said:
When I was a doorman at a fancy hotel (mid-1990's), Bill Gates used to drive in with his wife in a rented Lincoln Towncar. His nanny would follow in another Towncar with his kid strapped in the back seat. No security!!! This was a hotel frequented by President Clinton, the Dalai Lama and every other high-profile person you could imagine. They all had gobs of security. Not Bill. Always seemed kind of strange.

I've also seen Mr. and Mrs. Gates walking along the beach in Santa Barbara a few times. Again, no security.

you just didn't SEE the security.....trust me on this....

757BBJ_Capt said:
If I remember when Gates bought his 604, some reported asked if MS would be paying for it and he replied, "No, I would not want to burden MS with this expense." So, he just wrote a check. I think if Gates bought this 737, he would not have MS buy it. I hear he is very happy with his Global. I think a 737 would be too flashy for a guy like Gates. His Global is just a couple 3 years old, and though he flies international quite a bit to give away money, I think the Global is doing the job. The only advantage to getting a 737 for him would be more cabin space and easier to get fixed Worldwide when AOG, not that Globals are MX hogs. Paul Allen on the other hand has a pair of 757 (one for his sister it is reported). He is a flashy guy and a risk taker. A rouge warrior (Richard Marcinko). Sees the big picture. We need more guys like him out there.
You're typed on the 767 but can't tell it from a 737? Better take another look at that pic, Captain.

I just talked to the pilot for that plane. I won't say who's plane it is but it isn't their first bbj. They have another one and just bought that one out of the middle east. It's supposed to go into paint next month to match the fleet.

It's not a microsoft plane or anything to do with it.

Latest resources

Back