• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big meeting: Skywest, ASA/XJet, Alpa, SAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAVs, interesting but as long as humans are carried on those "UAV airliners" there will be pilots up front, but maybe by then there won't be dispatchers around anymore watching eBay or craigslist...

Hehehe......As as I said before, you aren't ALLOWED to operate without US.....

That must be really hard for you to take....I mean being REQUIRED to have our agreement....and Joint Responsibility and all....

As far as doing it under Part 135, so what?....Check out Part 135 safety records as opposed to Part 121.....Guess what, Dispatchers share responsiblility and contributed to the great safety record of Part 121....

Also, check out the NPRM for Part 135....

And yet, you can't even push from the gate without us.....ego deflating, isn't it ?

Today, not at all, you are a small minority of employees, required by regulations, when management gets around to it, you and your jobs will be a part of history. Look at the past for historical clue.

Gee PBR.....You are one heck of a standup guy !!! Wishing and hoping for the demise of another man's profession.....Makes me almost root for the UAVs !!!

Actually, see U.S. Military...all those drones ARE gobbling up pilot jobs....

Again, I realize you are very resentful of what you perceive as our sharing your Captain Midnight authority....

Remember, we have been here since 1938....

Oh yeah, Air France is about to hire Dispatchers for the very first time !!! Looks like European carriers are considering doing likewise... What were you saying about our profession going away? Does it hurt you when your predictions fail?

It is true....Regulations support out job....Just as they support yours...

The vast majority of Pilots are great people who value our contribution....and it is a joy to work with them.

You, PBR, not so much.....

Gee PBR.....You are one heck of a standup guy !!! Wishing and hoping for the demise of another man's profession.....Makes me almost root for the UAVs !!!

Actually, see U.S. Military...all those drones ARE gobbling up pilot jobs....

Again, I realize you are very resentful of what you perceive as our sharing your Captain Midnight authority....

Remember, we have been here since 1938....

Oh yeah, Air France is about to hire Dispatchers for the very first time !!! Looks like European carriers are considering doing likewise... What were you saying about our profession going away? Does it hurt you when your predictions fail?

It is true....Regulations support out job....Just as they support yours...

The vast majority of Pilots are great people who value our contribution....and it is a joy to work with them.

You, PBR, not so much.....

Task,task,
Touch sensitive? Don't worry, study real hard, save some money, train real hard and you can finally join the big league, as a pilot..
Companies will only pay desk Jockies to play World of Warcraft and surf eBay and Craigslist for so long, then they realize the ratio of cash vs value received.
My authority is final, if I decide to start a flight or not is solely mine, you can decide all you want, but it won't make the plane fly unless I say so. You are just a cog, an actual convenience, and exist only because of regulatory necessisity. Keep saving up for that '92 Jetta, you will love it! Now get back to that keyboard and freshen up those releases....
You guys do have your own forum:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
I realize you have a mancrush on pilots, it's ok, in fact understandable given your circumstances.
Don't give up hope

Last edited:
PBR, I truly hope sarcasm was a large part of that post. Otherwise you are shockingly full of yourself.

Latest resources

Back